;;32 - 𝟔 𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭 + 𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐨☺

—————————————————————
family chat + tubbo -
best bro phil, wilbur, a child, and tubbo
—————————————————————

best bro phil:
Guys, its the day of the competition today so-
Good luck Techno!! Beat them all into the ground for us <3

wilbur:
oh FUCK i almost forgot abt that wait 
YOOO technoblade whenu see this make sure to destroy the competiton, we believe in u!!

a child:
The Blade Will Murder Them In Cold Blood

tubbo:
...i- good luck?
read 11:23am ✔✔

--

Setting my phone down, I let out a sigh.

The text messages from my friends had given me a small boost of confidence, but I was still anxious for the outcome of the competition. Leaving the small device inside the designated locker, I clutch the towel around my waist tighter.

Sparing a glance outside the doors, I fiddle with the small pink bracelet on my arm for a moment before standing up and organizing my things.

...

"You know you're going up against the past reigning champion, right? That Squid guy?" 

"Yes, mother." 

"You'll do your best to win, won't you? You won't let me and your father down, will you?"

"..Yes, mother."

"Good. That's my boy."

...

..I don't know if I can take it if I don't win.

My phone buzzes from the bench I left it on, the noise loud and intrusive.

I swipe it open to read a text message from the one and only Dream. The boy that I'd fallen for.

'Good luck in the tournament! I'll be watching ;)'

Now I can't lose, even if I wanted to.

--

"It's time for the final lap, a timed swim!" 

I inwardly groan, intently listening to what the announcer says. This is what determines if I win or not. It's one of my stronger suites, which should be comforting, but unfortunately for me, the person I'm going up against- Squid or whatever- is literally reknowned for his timed swim. It's like trying to outcook Gordon Ramsey. Practically impossible. 

Then again, this is also the guy who took about a minute to figure out that Eighty poured a bucket of water on his head while we were all waiting for the competition to start. 

So I mean, maybe I do have a chance. I definitely wouldn't bet on it though. Because what Squid lacked in intelligence, he made up for in speed. 

The announcer starts talking again, and I recognize that we're allowed to go in before Squid does, giving me a head start. I know it won't last, but it's just something to put me at neck and neck with him when I start off- I'm going to need that if I want to be able to win.

One thing that my coach has almost always told me is, in timed swims, it's best to try to keep your energy at the start so that you can preserve that last burst of adrenaline for those final few meters.

So that's what I do.

Switching between strokes as I watch Squid out of the corner of my eye, I hear the loud, commanding voice call out.

"3 MINUTES LEFT!"

We're neck and neck until I push forward, a burst of adrenaline rushing through my veins.

"And the winner is A.E Academy's very own Techno!"

There's screams and shouts and people cheering my name, but all I can really hear is the voice of the person who had stayed up on calls with me, the person who had listened to me rant, the person I loved, cheering for me. 

And then I pass out.

--
i really hope my inexperience didnt shine thru
its been what, 6 months since ive done any sort of swimming class? actually thats not true but safeguarding doesnt count cuz its not in the water-
uhhhhhhhhh anyways
i hope you guys liked this chapter because altho its shit it took me hella long to write
i almost definitely am just going to post this and run away to never look at it again, but i mean- eeeee
ill still try to keep up with you guy's comments yknow so
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
im playing agar.io with my classmates and i have never been so hyper