Day 20: Saturday

Her parents were the first ones that got to hospital. Worried looks painting across their faces as the volleyball team made it there too. School was long out due to the commotion.

And everything just seemed...deathly.
Dark. And numb.

"Mrs. and Mr. (Surname)?"

Everyone was quick to get up as the two parents went to the doctor.

"It seems she had an allergic reaction to the medicine we gave her, but everything is being fixed now."

"Medicine," muttered Kindaichi.

And as the doctor further explained everything to the parents, the team could only become confused. Was she sick or something?

Once the doctor had left, Mrs. (Surname) went up to the team first. An apologetic look on her face.

"I'm so sorry, (name) is very delusional. Her brain itself is decaying at a rapid pace that causes her to see things that aren't really there..."

"Wait. What?"

This was said by Iwaizumi. His face set in a frown as confusion filled his eyes.

"It's a condition that can't be cured. Now, she won't die, but she'll eventually lose on function. She won't be able to move, speak, or respond normally. All she can do is see things that aren't really true. When I made her quit the volleyball club, it wasnt because I was being mean, it was jusg because it was ruining her health. Being out and about isn't exactly good for her," said Mr. (Surname) as he stood next to his wife.

Yeah...

As it turned out, she merely imagined her self-confidence. She merely imagined everyone liking her and calling her an angel. She merely imagined being happy.

Her parents were never abusive either. It was simply all part of her imagination due to her decaying brain.

"But," started Mrs. (Surname), "if there was one thing she didnt imagine, then it would have to be her being happy as the manager of Seijoh."