Change /requested/

JulzLovDraco4Eva 

If you're looking for song recs while reading this I listened to Touch by sleeping at last, Inside Your Mind by the 1975 and Fine Line by Harry Styles. 

Throughout your past year's at Hogwarts you were always a fairly quiet and good student. Never caused any problems, always got good scores on your O.W.L.S and just about got along with everyone. Overall your unproblematic nature had lead you into many friendships including a particularly close bond with the golden trio. Unfortunately you couldn't be on good turmoil with every student at Hogwarts in which that grey area included a certain platinum, grey eyed Slytherin by the name of Draco Malfoy. 

You've raked your brain into many memories and possible situations as to figure why this certain Slytherin had such a distaste for you, yet there's nothing you'd come up with as to the rude nature he progressed towards you. In first year he was actually quaint of you, which lead to a friendship that eventually became short lasted by the beginning of third year. After that summer, everything had changed. 

The conversations became shorter and his attitude became colder and after a while, even though it hurt, you had dropped the friendship which was what led to your close friendship of Hermione. After that you'd met Ron and Harry and for the most part, the four of you we're inseparable. 

Now you're at your sixth year at Hogwarts, and everything was very chaotic. From your dear friend Harry all the way to he-who-must-not-be-named you'd try to just keep yourself invisible. With you and Draco being in the same house, both of you faced the same biased opinions and rumors everyone was throwing at the whole Slytherin house right now. After an incident of one of the head girls getting into a physical altercation caused by a Gryffindor, who was just frankly spreading lies, she was kicked off. She had got replaced by another girl in your year. Dumbledore had deemed it best to have a couple more patrolling the school with the chaos and fear roaming around, which was had eventually led you into being an assistant for the Slytherin prince himself. 

"H-her? you've got to be joking!" Draco pressed his thumb and middle finger to his temple and  started pacing around McGonagall's office. "I've been working alone as head boy since third year! I don't need some puppy following me around, i'm perfectly capable by myself". He sighed. 

"Now you listen here Mr. Malfoy. As we all know Hogwarts is under trying times right now, and I will not have a student question my orders. This is not up for discussion. Ms L/N will be your assistant and if you have a problem with that, then that's a personal struggle and you better stuff it down and learn to work diligently and effectively with Y/N".  The older women's eyes struck between the two of you as you simply nodded. Draco glared at you before walking out of the office, not saying another word. You simply smiled at McGonagall and started walking to catch up to Draco. "Draco wait up please". He quickly spun around taking long strides towards you. Giving a glance at you up and down he gave an irritated look.  

"If it wasn't clear in the office, I don't want you hovering behind me. It's bad enough I have to patrol with you, so as long as you keep to yourself for the rest of the time we shouldn't have a problem. You mind your own personal matters and i'll mind mine. Is that clear?" Yet he didn't even give you a chance to respond as he quickly turned around and started walking away. You stood there dumbfounded and aggressed thinking of what to do next. 

You walked back to your room, before crashing on your bed. Deciding it was best to just let everything bleed into the next day. 

After Draco's weird behavior last night you'd fount it best to stay clear and only speak to him when it was essential. Or at least that was your initial thought. After days and days of the same relentless snide comments and overall just horrible attitude your breaking point was closer than you thought. It was about half past 11 when Draco and you were patrolling the hallways. Keeping a steady distance from his so each of you would have personal space. "Are you going to catch up? Or are you just to slow to even walk?" Snap. Your last straw broke, and if anyone else could've seen you in that moment let's just saw they would've jumped off the astronomy tower before you got a chance to get to them.

 Taking a deep breath to try and keep somewhat of a composure, you then proceeded to start speaking. "I don't get it". Draco whipped his head around. "You don't get what? I'd assume you don't get a lot of things, you're not exactly the smartest person in the room". He snickered. 

"That is exactly what I don't get. We used to be best friends in first and second year. All of a sudden you pronounced that you were better than me and you've been cold ever since. I've tried to rack every possible corner and nick of my brain to understand what i've ever done to make you hate me so much. Yet there's nothing, because i've done nothing. I guess after second year you suddenly decided you were better than everyone else including myself and you've been a right dick ever since. So please tell me Malfoy what I've done to make you act like suck a prude, arrogant, pompous ass to me because as far as i'm concerned, I haven't". You toke a deep breath while finishing your tangent. He looked at you quite shocked. The both of you stood there in silence for moments at a time. "Well?"

He gave you a look and he almost looked hurt. Yet you hadn't been around Malfoy in a while so a lot of looks were given that you couldn't decipher. He walked over to towards you as you shot him a confused glance. He simply grabbed your wrist and started walking. Stumbling over the first few steps he kept essentially dragging you until the pair of you reached the astronomy tower. Taking a shaky breath, he proceeded to cautiously look around. "If you tell anyone about this, you're going to die. And so will I". Rolling your eyes and shaking your head you started to speak. "Draco what are you-" And as he rolled up his sleeve, all of the air left your body as you felt your chest collapse. Mouth going agape. "Draco I-" you trailed off. Truly having no words to say. "I understand i've been a right dick to you y/n, but you see not everyone has it as easy as you do. I have to protect my family. I have to do what he says, or he's gonna kill me. He's gonna kill... all of us". He gave you a sad look and without thought you went to embrace him in your arms as the both of you collapsed to the ground. 

Draco started sobbing into your chest. He sat against the wall as you were on your knees above his legs, cradling his head to your chest. After a few minutes your hands found their way to either sides of his face and you stared in the abyss of his eyes. "Look and listen to me Draco. i'm not sure what he exactly want's from you but you have a choice here. You always have a choice. I'm here for you and you wont go through this alone. I'm always gonna stay by your side but I need you to to be honest with me and I need you to trust me as well alright?" 

He only nodded and toke a shaky breath. "I-i'm sorry y/n. i'm so, so sorry". He sobbed. "I just really like you, but you seemed so close with potter, and I didn't know what to do. Then the dark lord had toke over my parents mansion and I..." He trailed off not being able to finish his statement.  

Study his face you started to really see him. the bags under his eyes from exhaustion of doing Merlin know's what. His eye's were no longer the same stormy abyss from when he was but a boy. And his cheeks we're sunken in as his frame was thinner. Your heart started to ache the more you looked at him. "You're okay. we're gonna be okay. Listen to me Draco, you are not your fathers choices. It wasn't fair how poorly you were treated because of him. But i'm not going anywhere". He simply nodded before pushing his body up and reaching a hand up for you. Getting pulled up, you'd just notice your close proximity to him. 

Unexpectedly, his hands drifted to your cheeks. They settled there and pulled you closer. Inhaling sharply, you were pressed against his warm chest and you quickly glanced down avoiding eye contact. 

You put your hand against his chest, intending to push him away, but instead left it there. His breathing quickened as did yours. His head angled slightly to the side as his lips came closer and closer to yours. You watched as he slowly leaned in, surprised to find your own lips slightly parted. His lips brushed yours. Not innocently, like a tease but passionate and demanding. He pressed his lips softly to yours. Your lips molded into his as he kissed you with passion. Your hand traveled through his blonde hair to the back of his neck. Draco then firmly pushes his lips onto yours, hungrily. You both pulled away for air. Your cheeks dusted a light pink as you stood there breathing shakily. 

Draco then embraced you again as you both sat in a comfortable silence. His chin resting atop of your head. Neither of you we're sure what the future was to hold but you did know one thing. And that was neither of you would face it alone. 

*Author's note*

This do be kinda short doe. Anyways feel free to leave requests in the comment's or dm's. I should be better about updating. All the love, S xx