SK8R Girl /rewritten/

Rewritten to my previous imagine. 

If there was one thing I knew about California, it's that the heat never faltered. Especially in Long Beach. It was to my utter disappointment when I had to put of skating from the 106 degree weather, though I should have expected it. I'm not lazy per say, but it was one of those days that if you were outside for more than a minute your body felt like a puddle, and even breathing was an exercise. At about six I figured it cooled down enough to go outside. Looking at myself in my ripped mom jeans, ribbed cami and checkered vans i'd figure this is weather appropriate. 

It was better outside then it was earlier and after pushing my foot a couple times I found myself skating across the back ends of Long Beach. I eventually ended up on the sidewalk heading towards the beach. Harry Styles Golden came on shuffle and I found it suitable since I was skating along the cost. It was fairly vacant outside which I took advantage of since it was always crowded with tourists. It was nice for a change, even if it was because of a global pandemic. Going along the pier, my attention had completely disappeared from the people around me causing me to be oblivious to the man skating in the opposite direction of myself. His shoulder brushed against mine, causing a loss of balance as I fell of my board. As if the Universe had it out for me, my body went tumbling on the slopes of the beach as yours truly rolled a good seven times. Pain spread over my body as I let out a groan.  At this point the scrapes on knees and arms were prominent and it felt like someone knocked the breath out of me.

I laid there for a minute trying to catch my breath. My back was stiff, trying to sit up there was burning sensation on the side of my face. As I padded the sides of my face I mentally noted that I also cut my face. I looked up to see a blurry figure above me waving his hand, it'd taken a few blinks for my vision to clear up properly. "'m sorry, you alrigh' there love?" He looked worried. "Depends on what you mean by alright". He smiled and lifted his hand towards, I grabbed it as he pulled me up, wincing slightly from the blood rushing to my head. 

Eyeing him after a minute, that's when I realized he was the guy from Harry Potter. I'm sure he really didn't have interest in an eighteen year old screaming that he's famous, so I started fiddling with one of my belt loops. "Sorry I didn't even see you coming". He says after a couple seconds of awkward silence. "It was a my bad to, I had my headphones in and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings". 

"I'm Tom." He held out his hand to shake. "And you're bleeding". I chuckled. "I'm Y/N, and I noticed, that's kinda what happens when you riff off..." I said smiling. "...which speaking of, I need to find my board". My eyes started wondering to see if it was anywhere close. Once I spotted it I picked it up noting the crack on the side. There were a few scratches and chips but nothing to major. After patting my back pocket, it seemed my phone had also gotten away from me. "What're you looking for?" He came up behind me. "My phone, it's not in my pocket anymore and I can't seem to spot it." He then started to help me look. "Although I appreciate your help, I'm sure you've got places to be." 

"Not quite. It's kinda my fault you've seemed to have ate the ground anyway lo'". He smiled and rested his hand on my shoulder. I smiled. "Is this it?" He frowned walking a couple feet in front of me.I looked at it to see the screen almost completely shattered. I frowned when he handed it to me. I let out a deep sigh, it would be a couple days before I got it fixed. "Think it's fixable?" I said jokingly. "Let me".

"What?" Confusion lacing my voice. "Let me, I mean it's partially my fault. Your what, a seventeen?" Sighing I just stuffed the phone back in my pocket. "Eighteen..." I corrected him. "And it's not that big of a deal. I'll just call insurance and order a new one". Nodding and smiling he grabbed his phone from his pocket. "Well, since your phone isn't in the best condition, you've got to message me when you get a new one and tell me if it's any better". Opening up his instagram dm's I searched myself. He was typing a message and that's when I noticed it was his number. "Well if you change your mind, you have it for insurance purposes."

"Insurance purposes?" Well that was a new one. "Insurance purposes". He confirmed. "Well, that's good to have then, see ya around".

As the next couple days passed by I hadn't heard much from Tom yet I hadn't expected to either. I'm sure he was just being nice and what not. Being at home absolutely sucked and I couldn't stand being at home for another second. I threw on a white ripped cami, with plaid blue trousers and old skool vans because i'm so trendy. But not really. Deciding it was decent enough to go down to the pier and get a lemonade, I started my commute. Seeing as traffic was awful this part of the evening, walking was a better bet. Taking note of some of the cute bohemian shops I decided to stop in one closer to the coast. It was a quaint ice cream parlor with checkered floors and fifty styled booths. Walking up to the old man behind the counter I shot him a smile. "What'll it be miss?". I hummed and browsed all the different flavors. "Can I please get a raspberry cup?" As he scooped it I stepped to the register and paid. 

I walked out of the shop and put my music on shuffle. If you're to shy by The 1975 came on, smiling, I started to hum along. As my commute went further I could swear someone was calling my name but it could've just been my imagination. Suddenly a somebody has grasped my shoulder and I turned around quickly ready to chew them out. My face softened as it was just Tom and my irritation boiled down. "Hey". My body was a loss for words seeing as i'd assume I wouldn't see him again. "Hey..." He retorted. "I was calling your name but I'd assume you hadn't hear me with your headphones in love". I simply nodded and we started to walk in sync. "Where you heading anyways?" Finishing my ice cream and throwing it in the nearest trash can, I stuffed my hands in my pockets. "Nowhere in particular". Stating matter of factly. 

"Well, if it's alright with you i'd love to go nowhere with you". He smiled. "I think nowhere has room for one more".