House 51

A/N: This is my first Chicago Fire fan fiction. I hope you enjoy it ❤️

Disclaimer: The story is all my writing and ideas other than any rescues that are similar to what is shown in the show. I do not own the characters, credit goes to the amazing writers of Chicago Fire for anything I write that is based on what they have written
________________________
'Ambulance 61, Truck 81, Squad 3. Structure Fire; Indiana Way.'

At the sound of the bells firehouse 51 rose from their seats and walked to the trucks.

"Stay safe please," Gabby whispered as she leaned her head on Matts shoulder.
"I love you," he replied getting into his truck.

Gabby walked over to the ambulance where her college and best friend -Leslie Shay- was waiting.

"Getting all lovey-dovey with lieutenant Casey are you Dawson?" She smiled with a chuckle.
"Shut up Shay, you know Matt and I are engaged," Dawson laughed back. "Just drive."

Shay pulled out of the house and they sped down the road behind the fire trucks.

"So, when's the wedding?" Shay asked.
"You know we can't let it get out about us getting married. If head quarters finds out there is a married couple in a firehouse one of us will be forced to transfer."
"Yeah but that's only if you're both firefighters. You're a paramedic, Casey's on truck."
"Well if everything goes to plan I'll pass my fire fighters test next month."
"And you will pass; with flying colours. Why? I hear you ask. Because you're Gabriella Dawson."

Gabby smiled over at Shay and then returned her eyes to the road. They turned onto the street and Shays' eyes widened.

"Holy Candy Canes this ones bad," she whispered looking at the flames licking up the side of the building.
"Hopefully there's no one inside. An easy shifts and good shift."

The pulled up at the building as the men jumped from the truck.

"Mouch, Herrmann and Otis you come with me. We'll do ground floor. Cruz you get a ladder ready incase there's anyone in the building," Casey called.
"Squad 3 we'll do the second floor. You know the drill," lieutenant Severide yelled.

Gabby held her breath as Casey ran into the building. It wasn't easy watching your fiancée run into a burning building.

"You know," she said, "If you weren't a lesbian, you and Severide would be perfect for each other."
"He's with Erin," Shay smiled.
"Has she moved in yet?"
"Severide felt bad. It's always just been us two housemates, he didn't want to bring Erin into it."

Shay was interrupted.

"Dawson, Shay. We've got a victim on the bottom floor. Burns to a portion of the body. Meet us at the door," Casey said through the radio.

Gabby and Shay wheeled the gurney to the door and moments later Casey and Herrmann appeared from the smoke carrying the man.

"Let's get him to Chicago Med now. I'll drive," Dawson said as the wheeled the man to the ambulance.
"Dawson I don't think this guys gonna make him."

Shay examined him as Dawson started the van and drove off. Suddenly a call came over the radio, it was Severide.

"Squad 3 to main, we need another ambulance. Firefighter down, I repeat firefighter down."