The bridge

Warnings: suicidal thought/actions and mentions of self harm and abuse

I continue to walk not even caring anymore. I stole my friends phone to GPS here so I wouldn't get tracked here. Its 4AM and I'm walking to a bridge that's an 2 hour walk away. I don't care anymore I'm so done with everthing I just want the pain to be over. I keep walking and hear "we have reached the destination" I look down and see the phone isnt navigating anymore. I look up and see the bridge I keep walking and look over the edge. The rivers water crashing around hitting into each other it was such a long drop. But there was no one stopping me now. I go closer to the edge and hear a car. I keep getting closer ignoring that the sound of the car had stopped. I heard a car door open and close and I look over. Tears are filled in my eyes and I'm sure I look a mess. I see a man about 5'10 walking towards me slowly. I walk towards the edge still looking at him. I feel my hand touch the bar the cold sensation sends chills down my spine. "Please dont" I hear the man plead I look at him but it's hard to see him. "Why" I ask looking at him then looking at the water for a second before locking eyes with him. "Please dont it's not worth it" he says "how do you know that". "Because it's not worth it please step away from the edge" his voice was clam I could tell he was holding back the fear in his voice. "It is worth it" I say "no please" he says "what's stopping me from jumping right now". "I'm sure you have a family" "they want me to die!" I yell at him. "Nobody cares about me, nobody would care if I jumped I've been gone for 2 hours and no one has cared!" I continue to yell. The world is silenced and all I hear is the sound of rushing water. "I care" he says I look him in the eyes hes blurry due to tears drowning my pupils. "Why I'm just some person on the bridge" I say he continues to look at me. "Because I know how you feel" "no you dont" I put my other hand on the rail and begin to climb over.  "NO" he yells making me stop i stay in the same position and look back. "Please dont I care please come with me step away from the edge" he says he sounds panicked. I want to stop but I've gotten this far I put my hand in my pocket and pull out a note. I throw it on the ground and try to jump. In those few seconds I felt scared but then I felt my ground hit the pavement. My thoughts came back to me I wasnt dead. He had pushed me so I wouldn't do it. I felt a body over me I started to cry yelling stuff like "no" and "let me jump". He didnt say anything he just pulled me until I was sitting hugged me and let me cry. I didnt know how much I had needed this until I got it. I cried for a while and then my throat hurt I couldnt even cry anymore. My body was drained of tears and everthing hurt. I just rested my head on the mans shoulder, he rubbed my back comforting me sometimes talking. He would mostly say stuff like "its okay" or "you're okay". I felt myself being lift up of the ground I shifted scared and then realized I was being carried. I heard a door open and was carefully put In the passenger seat. The man put on my seatbelt and closed the door. He walked around the car and got in starting the car and not saying a word. He locked the doors and started driving I'm sure he thought I would try to jump out to hurt myself. Throughout the drive he would look over every now and then. I felt something touch my hand I looked at it and saw it was his hand. He rubbed his finger over mine focusing on the road. Soon enough we came to a stop and he got out. He walked to my door and opened it. He looked at me I wanted to move but couldn't. He took of my seatbelt and picked me up carrying me into the house. He closed the door behind him trying to not make noise. Then putting me down on the couch I sat there. I was cold and started shivering he grabbed a blanket and draped it over me. He started to walk away and I pulled it close. I started crying again I stopped when I heard him talking. I listened and heard another voice. "Clay there is a girl on the couch dont freak out" " what you got a girl really" a man says I cant recognize his voice. "No man...I was driving past the bridge down the street" "yeah" "and I saw this girl she was about to jump so I took her down and brought her her I dont know what to do" "oh god" they continue talking a bit but become not understandable. "Who are you?" I hear a light voice say I look up and see a boy with brown hair. I shift back in my seat scared "hey no it's okay I'm just wondering who you are I'm not angry". He comes and sits down next to me "I'm George" he says with a slight smile. "Y/n" I say lightly trying to not have the other people in the house hear me. He was about to say something and then I heard footsteps. "Hey" I hear another voice say his voice was smooth. I dont look up avoiding eye contact. He kneels down next to me and we lock eyes. "Its gonna be okay" he says I look over at the boy who saved me. His eyes were looking at the boy in front of me. "I'm gonna make some tea" the boy says he walks into the kitchen the other unknown boy follows. I start crying my eyes out "hey no no what's wrong" george says I feel him hug me. I cry into him and start to explain what happened. "And then at the bridge..." "oh sweetie I'm so sorry" he hugs me tight. I could tell that the others were back but didnt care. "I'm Clay" the boy who was kneeled next to me a second ago said. I looked at the boy from the bridge and point at him then looking at Clay. "Who is he" I say looking at the boy he had fluffy hair and slight stubble on his face. "that's Nick" he says holding my hand trying to comfort me. "Thank you" I look at Nick "I-Its no problem" he says stumbling on words. He didnt think I was going to talk "I'm y/n" I say I try to smile but cant all I get out is a frown that wants to wash away. "Clay let's go leave her alone with Nick" George says grabbing Clay's hand and pulling him upstairs. Nick comes and sits down next to me. "Are you tired?" He asks "yeah" I say I wasnt going to lie I was exhausted. I walked all the way to that bridge, I hadn't slept at all, My whole body aches. "C'mon" he says I try to get up and my body gives out. I fall to my knees I try again and succeed. I start to walk, he brings me upstairs. He puts me in his bed hes about to leave but I didnt want him too. "Wait" he turns around "yeah?" He says "take this". I hold my friends phone out "destroy it" I say "what?" He asks "Please Nick" I plead. "Okay get some sleep" he says and then walks out. The room turns dark I fell asleep.
~~~
I felt the sun in my eyes and tried to open them. The light threatened to blind me so I turned over. I felt someones arm around me. I turned and saw Nick "oh" I get up carefully. He didnt even notice I had gotten up. He looks adorable when he sleeps I smile. I walk out carefully closing the door and begin to walk downstairs. I hit the second to last step and see someone in the kitchen. I fall back scared and accidentally make a tiny noise. The boy looks over "hey" he laughs I get up. I continue to walk and go into the kitchen. "Hows it going did you sleep okay?" He asks "yeah" I say to Clay. He looks at me skeptically and hands me a plate. Its was adorable it had little pancakes some eggs and some bacon. "I cant take this" I say sliding it back "yeah you can I'm offering cmon" he slides it to me. I eat some I'm eating and realize hes staring "you okay?" I ask. He laughs "yeah I just dont know why you would want to kill yourself" he frowns. "A lot is going on" I say looking away from him and back to my food. "Nick really cares about you" he says I look at him and furrow my brows in confusion. "He kept talking about you all night saying stuff like "I want to go see y/n" or "make sure y/n is okay in the room" it was quite adorable actually". I laugh a bit and smile it felt good to smile I felt happy for once. This felt right I felt at home "so are you going home today" he asks. "My parents kicked me out" I say eating still. "Oh...well stay as long as you need because Nick loves you" he says chuckling. "Oh and um some friends are visiting today and I hope you know how to deal with hyper people" Clay says. I am a hyper person mostly but I was very hurt from yesterday. "I'll try to fit in" I say looking at him he smiles "just be yourself". Time passes and everyone is awake we are all kind of watching tv. Just sitting I'm cuddled up with Nick I feel safe with him I dont know why. He has his arms round me touching my stomach in a comfortable way. We are interrupted by a loud knock on the door. They open it and 2 guys walk in "tommy, wilbur!" Dream and george yell exchanging hugs. Nick stays in his spot knowing I'm scared. They walk in and a boy with blond hair and a boy with brownish hair look at us. "Nick you got yourself a women no way!" The blond haired boy yells. "Tommy shes not my girlfriend it's a long story" he says. The boy comes and leans down next to me. " I need you to tell me something" I nod " are you american?" Everyone in the room bursts out into laughter. After it calms down he looks at me "so?" I look and smile "I'm british" I say "HELL YEAH" he yells making me flinch. Nick wraps his arms around me tighter and whispers in my ear "it's okay you're okay". Then dream said something " guys we need to talk now okay that includes you Nick" he says. I know what they're going to talk about but it still hurts. Nick carefully gets up and I sit there and watch all of them leave. George stays and comes to sit with me "I'm guessing you know what they're going to talk about" he says. "Yesterday?" I ask he looks down "yeah" he says he rubs my hand. I hear a door open and they all walk out and towards the couch. They stand in front of the couch some looking down. "I'm Wilbur" one of the boys say it was the one with brown hair "y/n" I smile. They all look surprised that I smiled it was weird. "Come" the tall boy reaches out his hand I grab it and he pulls me outside. Closing the door "so I heard about yesterday" he says. "Can you tell me why you were going to do that" he says grabbing my hand. I felt very comfortable with him he seemed nice. "My family and boyfriend werent the best" I say "did they hurt you?" He asks. "My family hated me and my boyfriend..." I turn silent he looks at me. "What did your boyfriend do?" He asks, tears threaten to fall from my eyes. "He would get angry sometime and..." Wilbur looked at me still listening. I couldnt tell him so I showed him my shoulder instead. It had a large bruise he had caused, Wilbur looked furious. "He hit you?" He asks "yes he hit me everyday" my voice cracked as I tried not to cry. He didnt say anything he just pulled me into a hug. I just cried I felt so weak and broken like a shattered mirror. That you can no longer recognize your own reflection in anymore. He pulled away and grabbed my arms he was about to say something and stopped. He looked at my arms and pulled my sleeve. "No!" I almost yelled pulling my sleeve back down. His eyes were glassy "please dont tell me you..." he looks me in the eyes. "Let me see them" I trusted him and put out my arm. He carefully lifted the sleeve my arm was covered in cuts down and up. I winced as he grazed his hands over them. He pulls the sleeve back down and hugs me again. "You're so strong" he says still hugging me he let's me go and brings me inside. Nick looks at me and walks over "cmon" he brings me upstairs and looks at the closet. He walks in and grabs a shirt that's huge on me and some sweatpants. I go into the closet and change I walk out an hes gone. I walk out and downstairs they all look over and look scared. Wilbur quickly gets up and runs to me pushing me upstairs and into the first room he sees. "Y/n" he sighs "what" I say confused on why everyone was freaking out. "Your...your arms" I look down and realize that the shirt was short sleeves. "Oh no" I say covering my face with my hands. Wilbur pulls me into Nick's room and gets a hoodie and hands it to me. "Its Nick's favorite hoodie" he smiles I walk into the closet and put it on. I walk out and see wilbur we walk downstairs together and the guys are conversating. They all see me and look like they feel bad I spot Nick. I walk to the couch were he was laying and get on top of him he wraps his arms around me. "I like the outfit you look cute" I blush and dig my face into his chest. Some of the boys laugh and say they ship it or point. I feel amazing, I feel happy, I like it here I really like it here.

A/N: hiiiii hope you enjoyed this sorry it's been sad lately. I'm gonna write some happy stories soon. Either way I love you guys :). PS: FUTURE READER HERE IM SO SORRY IM MAKING YOU GUYS CRY