Jobs

At First Night -chapter 9-

Jobs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Last Time with our little cast~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Its a long story that isn't my place to tell Gamz. Anyway I came here to ask if you would raise her with me. Its kina hard to raise a grub on your own and she looks the most like you..." I explained looking at him or rather his scars remembering the smooth feel of them under my finger tips. Gamzee looked at the small grub thinking seeming to weigh the pros and cons. "Sure sis I'd love to raise this lil sis with ya." I smiled brightly. "Thanks Gamz it means a lot. Though I do want to ask you a question about something. Where did you get your scars?" I pulled Celest into my lap ask I asked him. Gamzee's face darkened with sadness and regret. "Well sis...I...I...I got...my scars when we all went on that group trip last sweep. As you probably know, and well I kinda..well Nepeta...or well Equius-" "What about mew?" My ears perked up hearing the voice of my long lost friend. I smiled turning my head. Gamzee sat his ears dropping in shock as a look of unbelieving washed over his face. Karkat had a few red tears escaping his eyes as he ran to the shorter cat troll and tackle hugged her "NEPETA!!" He called out hugging her tightly seeming to never want to let her go again. "Don't you ever leave me like that again as your leader I comand you. We all thought you were...." He stopped short going quiet. Gamzee swallowed "Nepsis I am so sorry for what I...for what happened." I was confused now "I'm confused, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you died and came back" I meant it as a joke, but it seemed as if to them it was the truth. "Right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Now for another piece of Aurora's life ^^(Haha you probably thought that I was going to get straight to the rest of the cliff hanger, actually I was, but some inspiration struck me.)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as we walked back from he's coronation well it sort of was a coronation it was more like a reconigition that the old highblood had passed and the new one was taking over the position . The GrandHighblood title wasn't really a royal thing, he wasn't related to the last one as far as she knew anyways. It's kind of random since the Condense choose who would be next Grandhighblood and that such. Aurora noticed that it was a common misconception among lower bloods the he would be considered a 'king' since he led her armies. Though that isn't true, he's more like her enforcer that kills all those who disobey Her Royal Condescension or whom ever she deems must be killed. Now I don't like our empress really at all, but I don't dare say that out loud. I really like living and I'm still young, besides I'm only 12 sweeps old I have my whole life ahead of me. ((Also I'm going to be calling GHB Kurloz when his name is required cuz technically that is his real name, Aurora had her name changed from Katina to Aurora when she came to live in the highblood's castle. It was the Condense's choice mainly. She wanted her to leave her old life where it belonged, in the past to be forgotten. Aurora was young when she came to the castle so she doesn't really remember her old life that well)) Kurloz caught my attention by pulling on my hand a little. I looked up at him with a smile. "Yes love? What is it?" " What are you thinking about Aura?" He said his deep voice making my legs go a little weak. "I was just thinking about some stuff." I said looking down at our connected hands thinking that by tomorrow night will have been bloodied by lowerbloods blood. I struggled with the frown from tugging at the corners of my mouth. My new matesprite pulled my chin up with his thumb and fore finger to look up at his face. "Something is troubling you my matesprite. Do you up and want to tell me? Is there something that you have been keeping from me?" There was a slight edge to his voice that I had never heard before. It had a slight violent tinge something that he never used when speaking to me. It unsettled me that he would be killing trolls as his job till the end of his days...and I would be his ever-present supportive matesprite, I had to be. The though almost made me take a step back from him. Now, I had told him earlier that I would not ever want to present when he was to cull someone. "Of cores not. Why would I have something to hide from you dear? I was thinking is all. No need for you to worry" I said smoothly I technically wasn't lying. Even if I was I'm a smooth liar anyways, something that had saved me many times. He frowned slightly sensing something off, but he shrugged pulling me close and nuzzled his head into my shoulder with a light purr. I smiled and purred in return watching him get a mischievous smirk creep up on his face. I raised my eyebrow "Ok I know that look. What are you thinking?" I asked him crossing my arms with a knowing smile. Kurloz just shrugged and pulled me back to him, his hand curling at my waist. "Well I was just up and thinking that we haven't done anything as matesprites ya know~?" As he said this he moved his head back down to my shoulder then moving it to my neck. I went a little limp as he placed a soft kiss there as he spoke. I took in a ragged breath before speaking trying to keep mycomposure. "Well we actually have, we went to a ball and hung out most of today." I said carefully. Its not like I was avoiding the innuendo, ok maybe I was just a bit. The whole idea just made me a bit nervous. "That's not what I up and mean and you know it." His grip tightened a little. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice as he talked. "W-well now that you mentioned it...I guess your right to some point." I said nervously as he pulled away to look down at me. Dang it why was he so tall! "B-but I'm rather tired from all the dancing earlier so can we just head back to your respriteblock and get some sleep. Please?" He seemed reluctant to agree and was about to say something when I added a pouty face and said please again. He smiled a bit and shook his head. "You up and know that I can't resist that adorable face of yours." I smiled brightly and started to walk back inside the castle when he pulled me back by my wrist. My back hit his chest lightly. "But I'd be careful if I were you lil mama~." He said adding a light nip to the side of my neck. My face flushed brightly and my mind at a loss for words. The highblood pulled away and grabbed my hand as we headed into the castle and towards his and now my, respriteblock. "Now lets get some shut eye. I need to get up bright and early for my new job and you need to get rest before your mourning hunts." He was going to be the death of me I swear.