||Chapter 8: Tara's jholmal||

Next Morning

Goenka Villa

Sahil and Oreo are seen sitting on the floor and staring at each other. There's a tense atmosphere around. Sahil is looking at Oreo with a fierce glare. Oreo is looking at Sahil cluelessly, wagging his tail behind. A cookie is lying on the plate between them.

Sahil: Oreo...there's one cookie and two of us. I could've shared if I wanted to but trust me I've lived with my siblings for twelve years and I dunno what sharing is...there's only snatching so no mercy should be shown to you.

Oreo makes the whimpering and cooing sound and bends down, placing his face in between his paws. He was trying to sound cute but Sahil wasn't in a mood to give in.

Sahil: Don't make this puppy face young doggy...it won't affect me!

Oreo raises his head and barks at him losing all patience.

Sahil: Okay so now we are in the war zone, aren't we?

Oreo keeps staring at him..his eyeballs not moving from Sahil. A mischief hits Sahil's mind. He smirks at Oreo. Oreo keeps looking at him cluelessly with tilted head and wagging his tail behind.

Sahil(pointing at other side): Oreo...see a hot dog! It doesn't mean you...I know you're a dog, but you're not hot! If u were...you wouldn't be running behind Lola for two years. I mean a real hot dog...that edible to eat hot dog!

Oreo doesn't turn back. He keeps on looking at Sahil. He had understood Sahil's strategy. All the family members of this house become extra smart when it comes to food. Sahil sighs in defeat and scratches his head when his plan was understood by a dog and thus failed in an epic way. That dog's smarter and has more brains than all the members of the house combined.

Sahil(pointing at door): Oreo...see your girlfriend Lola!

But Oreo didn't let his focus to deteriorate. He didn't get distracted even at the mention of Lola! His primary aim was the cookie lying on the plate.

Sahil(to himself): Oreo has better self control and hormonal control than Aatish! 

Oreo kept on staring at Sahil and giving him that " you're a loser, imma king" type of look. 

Oreo(in his mind): Learn from me you human...I'm better than you dumbass!

Just then Sahil gets an epic idea. He smiles at Oreo and Oreo looks at him confused.

Sahil: Oreo's favourite human...but not our favourite human...dad! Oreo see dad! 

Sahil says pointing at the door and at the mention of Kartik, Oreo turns back. Just at the same moment, or we can say unfortunately...Kartik also walks inside with Siya beside him on crutches. Sahil laughs in victory and eats the cookie. Oreo gets up and rushes to Kartik giving him a jumpscare.

Kartik(horrified): Shit...the dog has got mad again!

 Oreo jumps on Kartik and both of them land on the ground, Oreo above Kartik and Kartik below Oreo. Oreo starts licking Kartik's face. There Siya is about to fall down because Kartik left her but Naira enters just in time and holds her.

Sahil(observing things): Oopsie...I'm not at fault. I'm gonna go...I'll just slip away(sneaks out and rushes upstairs)

Ahana and Aatish come in a hurry listening Siya's scream and all the commotion in the living room.

Kartik gets up with difficulty, removing the bulky dog off him and sits on the ground gasping for breath.
He looks up at Naira.

Kartik: What does this dog think about me? Do i look like a licking cotton candy?