|Yellow Crocs and Tube Socks|

When reaching my destination, I knocked at the door before entering, poking my head inside.

An older man was sitting at his desk, probably in his 70s or 80s, he perked his head up, "Yes come in, come in." He waved his hand, signaling for me to come inside.

I then walked inside, closing the door behind me, "Hello Mr. Rutherford, I'm Sydney, the intern applicant." Mr. Rutherford stood from his desk.

"Yes, hello, nice to meet you, Miss Reed," He held his hand out for me to shake, I politely, shook back. "Please have a seat." He then gestured to a chair behind me.

Glancing back at the chair, I fixed my skirt while sitting, "Thank you," Then I crossed my legs. "I hope you received my resume."

"Yes, I did, thank you for that," He held up my resume in the air before setting it down. "Of course you went to a fine art school and I've seen some of your pieces too, very impressive." He nodded, turning his computer screen towards me, showing me one of my pieces.

"Thank you, I'm flattered."

Mr. Rutherford turned the screen back facing him, "I do have a few questions for you," He folded his hands on my desk. "What made you come from Kendal to Pittsburgh so quickly? I mean it's a very sudden transition from one lifestyle to the next."

I thought and processed the question being asked to me, thinking honesty, "My best friend who is like a sister to me, also my roommate, she told me about this internship and since I'm a big fan I thought well why not. It'd be a great opportunity for me."

"And your friend is?" He trailed.

"Brianna," I nodded. "She works in photography."

Mr. Rutherford nodded, "Ah, I see, and are you willing to work hard?"

"Of course, sir. I don't mean to be blunt but I wasn't naive thinking what was going to be expected of me in this internship."

He chuckled for a moment, throwing his head down before picking it back up, "Just checking, but welcome to the Pens life, Miss Reed." He reaches his hand out to me to shake once again.

Smiling at his words, I reached out to shake his hand once again, "Thank you, Mr. Rutherford, thank you."

"Now you'll need to go downstairs and find Andy, he'll get you all your equipment and your ID badge so we can have you put into the system."

I stood from my chair nodding, "Again thank you." Before leaving, I slightly waved, walking out of the office.

When I closed the door, I let out a deep huff of relief before walking back the same way I came, with my hands on my hips. Then I squeaked slightly jumping in the air, pumping my fist before going down the stairs. I then made a fish face, blowing air out the tiny hole in my lips, smoothing out the sides of my hair.

"You are a badass bitch." I mumbled to myself, hanging on to the railing as I walked down the stairs.

The team was still on the ice, scrimmaging when I passed by the glass. Jake was slammed into the glass right in front of me while walking by. I never flinched, I guess maybe it was because I saw it coming.

Bri anxiously tapped her foot on the floor, awaiting my response, "Well? How'd it go?"

"I KILLED IT!" My voice sang, pumping my fist in front of me, aggressively biting my lip.

"Hell yeah!" Bri set her MacBook down on the lid of her suitcase before springing to her feet, coming to hug me.

The two of us wrapped each other in an embrace, bouncing up and down, "I am a badass bitch, my dude!" I grinned, the two of us broke apart composing ourselves. "Oh, and I need to go see a guy named Andy?" I hint of questioning in my voice with my eyebrow raised.