Chapter 11: See You Again

"Well my dear, it seems I will depart your company once more," Jaskier fiddled at the edge of the bed. "My parents will depart after the ceremony, and I shall go with them for a time."

"Hmm."

"Have you thought about what I said? Like at all?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"You're, you're right," Geralt sighed.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are."

"That's not what I was expecting, surprisingly," Jaskier puffed. "You know you've become a lot more surprising. Am I truly to believe you're my Geralt, and not one of those, whatyamacallit? You know the shifty fellows?"

"I'm no doppler, Jask," Geralt huffed out a chuckle. "Get your dagger."

"Hmm, my what?"

"Do you still have it," Geralt suddenly paled. "I understand if you wouldn't keep it, but-"

"I have it, my dear," Jaskier giggled. "But why would you ask? It's a steel blade, at least that's what you told me."

"The hilt has silver, you can put it to my skin to prove if I am a beast or not."

"Like I'd even need to do that when I know you so well."

"You have to," Geralt persisted.

"I know you're not a doppler, Geralt. If I remember you said they're far too friendly to be willing to be stuck as you. Said so yourself once upon a time."

"Use it, Jaskier," Geralt growled.

"Will you stop, I won't use it on you."

"None of my silver would work?"

"It would because it's not attached to you at the moment, none of your belongings are attached to you and I can see them clear as day," Jaskier retorted proudly. "I'm not a simpleton, Geralt. Give me some credit."

"You learned."

"Yes, only from the best I assure you. Traveled with the baffoon for decades I tell you. The man is very hard to forget you see. Never said much but when it wasn't jibs or his two favorite words, it was quite educational."

"So you say?"

"Indeed I do, Master Witcher," Jaskier smiled, bouncing off the bed. "We only have a few hours together, how about another bath. Before we hit the road, if I'm quick, maybe we'll meet before the smell fades. How lovely an idea, come now not a moment to waste."

"Hmm."

Jaskier skipped off, barely sparing a glance as Lettenhoven servants packed and took away his belongings. Leaving Geralt's in the far corner, heeding his warning not to mess with his things. Erwin was quick to call for a bath, and left the pair to enjoy their time together.

"I'm definitely going to do your hair once we've dried," Jaskier stated. "Hurry up, dear I already have a style in mind!"

"You're not doing my hair Jask," Geralt followed after him.

"Oh I most definitely am," Jaskier tossed over a towel. "Now get to drying. I'll do your hair you brute. You never listen, don't scrub, pad it gently."

"I'm a grown man, and I can take care of myself," he grumbled about to plop onto the bed.

"Don't!" Jaskier scolded. "Sit here."

Sighing Geralt listened without complaint. Happy to sit between his bard's thighs and indulge in a scalp massage. Though the humming wasn't needed. Nice but not a necessity.