Chapter 2

"All right class, settle down please!" Mr. Tanner yelled. He perfectly fit the 'Teacher Stereotype'. You could spot this man a mile away and be able to tell that he was a teacher just by looking at him.

  "Everyone, please refrain from talking!" he tried again. Exasperated, he sucked in a breath, getting ready to yell at us.

  "EVERYBODY, BE QUIET!!!" yelled Mr. Tanner, and instantly the room went quiet. "Now, since I can see that it's going to be an issue if I let you guys sit where you prefer to, I am going to arrange a seating chart which will go into effect tomorrow. A collective groan rippled through the classroom. Fun, fun, fun. I always got stuck by some weird kid... Just as I was drifting away, the door opened, and a guy came walking in. He was obviously new; I hadn't ever seen him around before, yet he looked like he already knew exactly what he was doing. Somehow, I couldn't help but feel as if I'd seen him somewhere before...

  "Why are you late?" Mr. Tanner inquired steely.

  "I'm new here," the student replied, flashing Tanner a grin. He was awfully cute; brown surfer-like hair, a handsome angular face, tall but not lanky - to sum it all up, he looked as if he had stepped right out of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue. Maybe he had; I had a vague sense that I'd seen him before...

  "That is no excuse. You got the same memo that the other 20 something students got, and they're not late."

  The newbie's grin faltered a bit. "Well, these 20 something kids didn't have to spend their morning talking to the principal," he retorted, handing the teacher a pass. 

  His face flushing, Mr. Tanner accepted the pass and looked at it. He then cleared his throat. "Everybody, this is Corey Smith from..." He turned and gestured at Corey to finish. 

  "Georgia." he stated simply.

  "Georgia." Tanner repeated. "Make him feel welcome," he concluded

    My mind went blank. Corey. From Georgia? No way.