Panic

Taylor's pov:

For the past three weeks I have been back to work assisting Katherine, which have been very long days. Her business has been very busy lately which only means two things, long hours and Katherine nagging at me to go home every day. I know working 8am till 8pm every day can drain you out however i refuse to just sit at home all day while my wife goes out to work. Even though i am eight months pregnant i still have one month left so i can still manage.

"Tay! Can i speak to you for a second." I hear Kate shout through the doors of her office.

I had just come back from Starbucks with her morning coffee when i was startled by the voice of an angel. I know she's my wife but she still never fails to intimidate me in the office.

"What's up?" I question, giving her the coffee, just how she likes it.

"I was just wondering how your feeling. You look tired, babe." She gives me a sad smile.

"I'm fine, babe... just give your wife a kiss and ill be better." I said leaning in.

After a gentle kiss i went back do my desk across the other side of Kate's office.

After an hour of sitting at my office desk, filling my day with work, a sudden sharp pain hit my baby bump which instantly made me put my hand across it.

I should have been used to it by now, all throughout this pregnancy i have just been having random sharp pains hit me. However, this on was different and my body knew it. Worry washed through me as it happened repeatedly until Kate noticed that i was uncomfortable sitting at my desk and my face was as white as a sheet.

"Babe, what wrong?" She asked as she realised i was holding my big bump in front of me.

"It...it...hurts." I say through deep breaths. Something that i had learnt from the birthing classes me and Kate attended a few times.

"Oh god... okay... ill take you to the hospital." She says getting up to help me.

"Babe...I'm alright... don't panic."

"No I shouldn't have let you come into work today. You've had a very busy week and you should have been resting." She rants while trying to find someone to take any calls for her while were away.

"Okay baby, lets go to the hospital."

The pain was getting worse by the second as i crunch over.

Before i even knew it i was being swept off my feet and into Kates strong arms. I instantly wrap my arms around her neck and place my head into the crook of her neck, making myself feel comfortable. I feel completely safe in her arms.

Before i even know it i was laying in a hospital bed with Kate holding my hand. I was put on some gas to help me though the pain.

"What if he's not ok... what if our baby if not okay?" Tears threaten to come out of my eyes. "I should have listened to you when you told me to stay home."

"Baby he's fine, the doctors are going to give you an ultrasound...everything is going to be fine." She kissed me gently on my sweaty forehead.

After a couple of hours waiting for the doctors they finally announced that everything was fine with the baby. However, i did need to take it easy. Apparently this is my bodies way of telling me that i need to have some rest.

I should have listened to Kate in the first place. I wouldn't have been in this situation if i did.

The doctor told us that the nurse will come in to give us the discharge forms so that i would be able to go home tonight. I just had to take it easy.

A few minutes later a familiar woman walks into the room in her nurses uniform.

"Megan." I hear Kate announce, which seemed to have echoed through the white room.

As soon as she said that Kate's ex, Megan, lifted her head up to scan what she was looking at with her signature bitchy smirk.

"Well hello ladies, fancy seeing you hear."

"Can we just have the discharge papers, please." Kate says clearly not in the more for her shit.

"Anything for you, darling." Megan hands Kate my discharge papers without even looking at me.

"Well Kate you do know that isn't even your baby. She'll properly run off with it once she's given birth."

"Shut the hell up, Megan, this is hers and frankly our life is nothing to do with you." I instantly snap.

Katherine hold onto my hand which signals me to calm down.

"I'm just surprised that's all, Kate always told me that she would love to be the one who carries the babies." She winked at Kate as she made her way through the door. Leaving us both sitting there in shock.

"What is her fucking problem?"

"I don't know baby, she's just has such a sad life that she has to be nosey in ours." Kate said as she kissed the end of my nose.

How can she be so calm in these situations?