A Differnt Person Part 1

⚠️ Homophobia⚠️

Andrew decided to go back home to Illinois and tell his parents that him and Garrett were dating since they'd been together for a month now. He wasn't sure how they'd take it but they had to know at some point. Garrett stayed in LA because Andrew wanted to tell his parents alone, in case they took it badly. And that's exactly what happened. "I didn't raise a faggot! This is just some phase your going through" his father scolded, standing up from the dinner table, refusing to even look at his son. "Richard!" Andrews mother was always fond of Garrett, she invited him to Christmas, Thanks Giving, and even let him share a room with Andrew whenever they'd visit. Her husband on the other hand was not a fan.

"I thought you liked Garrett?"

"I've always thought he was anoyying, always talking about Harry Potter and what not."

Andrew was furious. Talk bad about him. Fine whatever. But talk bad about Garrett? That's crossing a line. He rose from the table, his mother tugged on his arm in attempt to calm him down. But he was too far gone. "He lights up when he talks about what he cares about, just like how he lights up when he sees me with those beautiful ocean blue eyes. Because he loves me. And I love him. Why can't you just be happy for me!?" He yelled. His father got up real close to his face, looking down on him like he was a piece of shit found on the side of the road.

"Out of my house. Now"

"Dad-."

"NOW!"

~~
He flew back to LA immediately, but he wasn't the same.

"Hey baby, welcome home" Garrett greeted Andrew at the airport with a hug and a bunch of kisses, on his cheeks, neck and lastly his lips. His expression fell when he noticed Andrew didn't kiss him back, nor did he even smile or wrap his arms around him like he usually does. "Andrewww, what's wrong?" He held his hands, trying to read his boyfriends eyes to figure out what was going on. "Nothing, just jet lag" Andrew faked a smile before standing on his toes, giving Garrett a quick peck on the lips to reassure him that everything was alright. "Okay, well I was gona take you out to dinner but I guess we can just go straight home so you can get some sleep" Andrew nodded, he wanted to go home and just cry his eyes out but he did enough of that on the drive to the airport.

"So, do you need anything before you go to sleep? Pizza rolls, water?" Garrett offered as they walked through the door of his tiny house. Andrew sighed and smiled genuinely as he looked over at Garrett who had a goofy smile on his face. "What" he giggled. No matter how upset Andrew was he couldn't hide the fact that he loved his boyfriend. Every single thing about him. His smile. His messy hair, the way his glasses become crooked on his face by the morning because he'd refuse to take them off just so he could see Andrew clearly. He turned to Garrett and kissed him softly, receiving a hand on his lower back, just above his hip. "I missed you"

"I missed you too Andrew"

~~
A few days went by, no call from Andrews parents. He expected his father to ignore his existence, but his mother? It sent him into a deep depression, he stopped editing videos with Shane due to lack of motivation. He didn't hang out with the squad anymore. And after a around two weeks he even went back to his own apartment away from Garrett. Which was hard because just feeling the mans arms hold him tight throughout the night made him feel more loved than anyone ever could. But eventually he got so depressed that it began to effect Garrett. It didn't help that Andrew refused to talk about what happened in Illinois, it was embarrassing. And just thinking about it gave him a panic attack.

Meanwhile Garrett just tried his best to be supportive and stay positive. But deep down seeing Andrew like this broke his heart. It broke everyone's heart. "Any updates on Andrew? How's he feeling today?" Shane asked when Garrett entered the big house. The entire squad eagerly waited for his response. "He's not eating his food, every time I go to check on him he's just laying in his bed. I hate seeing him like that.. I can't help but think it's something I did" a tear rolled down his cheek as he spoke. It was like Andrew had died, everyone was talking about the good old days, when he was happy. When he was a part of the team.