[9] Two Freshman

a/n: i kept mixing up jacob & clay in the last chapter but i fixed it oopsies

trigger warnings: strong language, references to abuse

THE BREAKUP, ch. 9
Zak entered study hall that day with a rainbow flower crown on his head. Darryl found himself smiling widely when he saw the cute crown on his head. "Geppy!" He exclaimed happily when Zak approached him. "That is absolutely adorable!"

Skeppy let out a giggle and blushed slightly at the comment. "You really think so?" He asked as he did a curtsy. "I feel like a princess," He admitted before sitting down next to Darryl.

Two freshman boys at the front of the classroom were looking at Zak and Darryl. Maybe it was because Skeppy and Darryl were popular or maybe the freshman were just curious. Either way, they stared.

Toby, the more fit freshman, leaned towards the skinner freshman, Tommy. "I think they're flirting," He whispered to him.

Tommy glared at Toby. "Be quiet, Tubbo," He whispered back, using the nickname for his friend.

"Princess or not, that crown is pretty cute," Darryl pointed out to his friend, giving him a playful nudge on the shoulder.

Zak smiled back at him. "Thanks, it was made by one of the girls that came out with us," He explained to Darryl.

Toby leaned towards Tommy again. "They're flirting they're flirting," He whispered quickly to the other.

Tommy pursed his lips. "Do you think I could beat Skeppy in a race, Tubbo?"

Toby raised an eyebrow. "Yeah...?" He answered, unsure what Tommy wanted to hear.

Tommy smiled to himself. Toby stared at his friend, wondering if he gave him too much false confidence.

That's when Clay entered the classroom with a bandaged nose. His eyes were hooded and had bags under them, letting the world know that he was exhausted and annoyed. Zak and Darryl's conversation grew quiet when Clay sat in front of them.

George stepped into class seconds before the bell rang. He sat on the other side of Zak. "Hi," He greeted quietly.

Before Zak or Darryl could even reply, an announcement erupted through the school. "Clay _____ and George Davidson, please report to the office," The speakers blared. (lol idk clay's last name)

George locked eyes with Zak in surprise, before standing up to leave the classroom. Clay grew stiff when he heard the announcement but didn't say anything when he stood. Clay followed George out of the room.

"That's definitely about the fight on Friday," Darryl declared.

Zak determined that Darryl must've been correct. Jacob had received his punishment but the school hadn't even talked to Clay about his actions. They probably wanted to leave him be for the weekend to recover from his injury.

Both Clay and George's empty desks were soon occupied by the two freshman boys from the front of the classroom. Zak raised an eyebrow. "Those aren't your assigned seats," He informed both of them.

"Oh we know," Tommy responded. He looked between Zak and Darryl before asking the question he was dying to know. "Are you two dating?"

Zak's eyes widened and Darryl's mouth fell open with surprise. While the older boys stared in silence, Toby took this time to open a package of gum. Tommy held his hand out and Toby placed a piece in his palm. Tommy shoved the piece in his mouth before continuing to speak.

"You two both came out this weekend and Tubbo and I couldn't help but notice the flirting between the two of you," Tommy explained, chewing his gum while glancing between the two boys with raised eyebrows. "So are you like a gay couple or something? What's up?"