[18] Smiley Pancakes

trigger warnings: strong language, references to abuse

THE BREAKUP, ch. 18
Skeppy woke up to an empty bed. He brought his hands up to rub his eyes and sat up, searching around the room for his friend that should've been laying next to him. He looked over at the clock and noticed that it was 11:14am. With a small groan, he slid out of bed and left the bedroom. Where is Darryl?

As Zak walked down the hallway, he heard some voices coming from downstairs. At first he was confused, but then he remembered that this was Jacob's house, and Jacob was known for inviting anyone and everyone to his house at all times. He shrugged it off and hopped down the steps, entering the kitchen/dining room with curiosity.

Skeppy was greeted with a pleasant surprise. Darryl was flipping pancakes on the stove, wearing a whole apron and humming a small tune. Jacob sat at the counter on one of his stools, scrolling through his phone and nodding his head to Darryl's hums.

Brianna was also there, she must've arrived that morning. She had seated herself on top of the counter and was staring at Zak as he walked in. Over in the dining room, George and Clay sat next to each other. Zak raised his eyebrows when he saw Clay's hand on George's thigh, but he didn't really comment on it.

Zak approached Darryl from behind and peered over his shoulder. "Whatcha making?" He asked right in Darryl's ear.

"Ah!" Darryl let out, flinching away from Skeppy's face. "Geppy! Don't do that while I'm making pancakes!" He scolded, flipping it once again. Zak narrowed his eyes when he noticed that the pancakes were in a smiley face shape. "Aren't they so cute, Skeppy? I made them like that on purpose," Darryl told him.

Zak rolled his eyes and reached his hand out to grab a pancake from the plate full of finished ones. Darryl noticed and swatted Skeppy's wrist with the rubber spatula. "Ow!" Zak complained with a whine. He retracted his hand from the pancakes. "You didn't have to hit that hard!"

Darryl instantly felt bad and set down the spatula. "Aw, I'm sorry," He murmured, grabbing Zak's wrist with his hands and holding it up to his lips. Darryl gave the skin a quick kiss. "There, all better," He declared.

Skeppy couldn't help but smile like a child at the gesture while Darryl returned to baking.

"That was literally the cutest interaction I've ever seen," Brianna announced, causing Jacob to look up from his phone.

Zak scrunched up his face at her and walked to the dinner table, seating himself across from George. "Hey George."

George looked over at Zak and bit the inside of his cheek. "Hi Skeppy."

"Look, I'm really sorry for telling everybody about... that." Zak cleared his throat. "It was an impulse decision that I shouldn't have made. I could've handled it better."

George sighed. "It's okay. I get that you didn't do it to hurt me. Just please ask me before you decide to reveal anything huge."

Zak instantly lightened up. "Actually, that's what I want to talk about," He told everyone. Jacob and Brianna turned their attention to Skeppy when he said those words. "Guys, I have some dark shit on Alice and I want to hear your opinions before I do anything."

Clay stared back at Zak in shock. "Wait... so you're saying you want to get back at her?" He asked for clarification.

Skeppy bit his lip. "I think I do," He answered. "She thinks she has all this power and that she can out anyone whenever she feels like it. I say it's time we knock her down a few notches."

"Pancakes are ready!" Darryl yelled out. He then looked to Jacob. "Hey Jacob, could you wake the freshman? Don't worry, I already made some hangover juice for them."

Jacob grunted, sliding off of his stool and walking over to the pantry. He pulled out two pans and looked to everybody. "Cover your ears," He ordered. Everyone already knew what he was going to do and brought their hands up to their ears.

Jacob began to bang the pans together, creating loud clanging noises that the two boys definitely woke up to. After a few moments he stopped the obnoxious actions, placing the pans back in the pantry and heading to the dinner table.

A couple minutes later, the freshman dragged themselves down the stairs. "I'm in painnnn~" Toby groaned out. Tommy was abnormally quiet for his loud self. Both of the boys had their hair absolutely messed up and their eyes were bloodshot.

Darryl placed the two cups of disgusting juice in front of them. "This may be the grossest thing ever, but trust me; it helps."

Tommy and Tubbo both downed the drinks with a wince.

"What do you have on that bitch?" Brianna asked Zak, getting back to business. Darryl placed the plate of smiley pancakes on the dinner table. He also put down a stack of plates.

As the boys and girl began to serve themselves, Zak answered. "Have you guys ever seen what Alice does when she's drunk around me?" He asked everyone.

Nobody answered.

"Exactly," Skeppy said. "To put it short; she gets violent as fuck."

Brianna dropped her fork on her plate. "The fuck? Did you just say violent?" She asked.

Zak nodded. "She gets so worked up. Luckily she was always really weak and slow, so she could never actually fucking hurt me. But when I tell you that she pounded on my chest, I'm not exaggerating."

"That's... fucked up," Jacob stated in shock. "You can probably report her to the police for domestic abuse."

"Yeah, what the fuck?" Clay added on in anger. "She never told me any of this shit. The fuck is wrong with her?"

"That's not all," Zak made sure to say. "Sometimes it'd get so bad that she'd completely forget about it in the morning. So I have audio recordings of it."

Brianna slammed her fist down on the table. "Release the fucking audios. I want to see that bitch exposed and cancelled at Sommer High."

Tommy's eyes widened while he and Tubbo seated themselves at the table. Tommy leaned over towards Darryl. "That woman scares me," He whispered in Darryl's ear.

"Wot is that?!" Tubbo shrieked when he saw Clay's hand on George's thigh.

Clay shot a mean glare at the freshman, causing both of the young boys to widen their eyes. "Be quiet, Tubbo," Tommy growled.

Skeppy ignored the commotion the two boys caused. "So you guys agree that I should release them? Put Alice in her place?" He asked his friends.

Both George and Clay nodded. Brianna made a "mhm" noise.

"Definitely," Jacob answered.

Tommy sighed. "Alright, airdrop me the audios," He said to everyone, taking out his phone.

"What makes you think I'll give them to you?" Skeppy replied in surprise.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "I run the Sommer High tea page, idiot!" He scowled.

Everyone stared at Tommy. Jacob's jaw dropped and Brianna covered her mouth.

"What?" Tommy challenged. "My middle school self liked to start shit, okay? I enjoy creating chaos, that's just who I am."

The moment was interrupted when Tubbo let out a loud gasp. "Oh my God! The pancakes are in a smiley face shape!" He exclaimed with excitement.

"Who the fuck invited the freshman to this meeting?!" Jacob blurted in frustration.

Clay stood up. "I'll drive them home," He grumbled, yanking a little at Tommy's hair and grabbing Tubbo by the ear. George threw Clay the keys to his car.

Both of the freshman yelped and stood up quickly, following Clay out of the house.

After all of the interruptions had left, Zak turned back to all of his friends. "Okay. Time to post this shit."

~

a/n: tommy and tubbo were being excessively annoying in this chapter