[20] Black Hair

a/n: sorry for not updating, i had a super busy day yesterday

also that photo makes me laugh so hard that i nearly piss myself^

trigger warnings: strong language, broken hearts

THE BREAKUP, ch. 20
After school, Zak ended up heading over to Darryl's house for comfort. Zak was sitting on the floor, leaning back against the bed with an xbox controller in his hands. He was playing Minecraft on the xbox. Darryl lay on his stomach on the bed directly behind and above Zak. Darryl's hands were tangled in Zak's hair, slightly massaging the boy's scalp as he played with the black strands.

Skeppy let out a hum of appreciation when he felt the light massage the other boy gave him. "That feels good," He murmured.

"Good," Darryl declared. "You deserve to feel good. This past month has been too stressful for you."

Zak paused the game and closed his eyes, leaning into Darryl's touch. "Darryl?" He asked.

Darryl was focused on playing with Zak's hair. "Hm?"

"Do you have a crush on me?" Zak blurted.

Darryl stopped his hand motions. "What?!" He exclaimed, a bit flustered by the question.

Zak frowned. "Why'd you stop?" He whined, reaching up to grab Darryl's hands.

Darryl retracted his hands before Skeppy could touch them. "Answer my question, you muffin," He ordered and swatted at Zak's fingers.

The black haired boy pouted and brought his hands back into his lap. "Tommy told me that you liked me while he was drunk. I was just wondering if it were true."

Darryl's jaw dropped in surprise. "That little muffin!" He said in betrayal. Then, Darryl's eyes grew mischievous when he looked back at Skeppy. "Well, let me ask you a question then."

Zak groaned. "If I answer your question, will you answer mine?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then hurry up and ask the question."

Darryl hesitated. He wondered if the question was too ridiculous. Well, too late now. "Did you rip a hole in my creeper plushie just to cuddle with me?" He asked carefully.

Zak instantly stared to blush and tucked his face in his own hoodie. "You weren't supposed to find out!" He told Darryl in frustration. "Yes, I did."

Darryl raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

Zak scoffed. "No, wait, you have to answer my question now. I answered yours," He pointed out. His eyes shined with pride and excitement.

Darryl stuffed his hands back into Zak's fluffy hair and began to play with it again. "I do like you... more than a friend," He admitted. "But that shouldn't change anything, Skeppy. We can just be friends."

Zak let out one of his high-pitched giggles. "You're stupid."

Darryl drew his hands away and gave Zak an offended look. "I'm stupid?! You're the one insulting the person that's giving you a massage."

Zak rolled his eyes. "Why do you think I would want to cuddle you, dummy?"

"That's not a nice thing to call somebody."

"Just answer the question, Darryl."

"Umm, how would I know the answer to it?"

"Because I like you too!" Zak practically shouted with a big smile on his face. "You're so oblivious Darryl, Jesus... didn't I make it so obvious?" He asked for clarification.