[24] Ding Dong

trigger warnings: strong language

THE BREAKUP, ch. 24
It happened quicker than expected.

After only a couple of days of spreading information and slowly reporting her mistakes, Alice was called to the office.

It was fourth period, study hall, and everyone visibly perked up at the announcement. George and Dream shared a thoughtful glance, before turning to look back at Zak. Zak was nervously biting his nails and shot a look towards Darryl, who offered a weak smile in response. Tommy and Tubbo turned to look at each other with cheeky smiles on their faces.

"Do you think this is it?" Zak whispered hopefully.

Darryl shrugged. "I have no idea."

The day continued slowly, curiosity overtaking everyone's bodies. The minutes turned to hours and Zak found himself eagerly checking Snapchat and Instagram every few moments, waiting for some sort of news on Alice to surface.

At lunch, Zak didn't even notice how quickly he was bouncing his leg until Darryl placed a hand on his knee. He looked over at his friend... no, boyfriend?? He wasn't even sure what Darryl was anymore, but he felt a lot more comfortable once he met his soft gaze. "I'm sure it'll turn out alright," The brunette assured his shorter friend.

Some voices were raised near the entryway to the cafeteria, causing everyone at Zak's table to turn and face the sudden commotion. It was too crowded and far away to really get a good look.

"Wait, is that... Tommy?" George suddenly murmured.

Sure enough, when Zak looked a bit closer, he saw a tuft of blonde hair shoving himself through the crowds of people with a big smile on his face. "GUYS!" He shouted in his familiar growl-like tone. "GUYS I HAVE NEWS!"

Darryl rubbed his face with his hands in annoyance, but Zak could tell that the brunette was smiling as Tommy approached the table. He was waving his phone in his hand and was panting from the sprint he had endured on his way there. "Guys," He repeated, out of breath.

"Well, spit it out already!" George insisted with a grin.

Clay rolled his eyes at his boyfriend's eagerness but stared at Tommy expectantly.

"It's about Alice!" Tommy exclaimed. "Apparently my friend Grayson saw her being escorted out of school, which probably means she got suspended or expelled!"

The table was quiet for a moment. Probably in surprise, shock, or even happiness. But after a few moments, the table soon erupted with cheers.

"She's gone!" Darryl declared with a big smile on his face.

"Ding dong, the wicked bitch is EXPELLED!" Tommy yelled out.

"We did it!" George shouted over Clay's obnoxious laughter.

"Wait, is she really gone?!" Jacob questioned over all of the racket.

Brianna was hysterical. "I have no fucking idea but I hope she is!" She squealed.

"Woah," Was all that Zak could muster.

Skeppy didn't even have time to process everything before Darryl pulled him into a deep kiss.

When their lips connected, Brianna let out a shriek of joy. Clay stopped laughing and let out a cheer at the sight, George pulling Clay into a side-hug at the sight. Jacob let out an "aww" which earned a playful slap on the shoulder from Brianna.

Tommy screeched. "Oh my God! Tubbo, look away!" He cried out, covering both Tubbo's eyes and his own.

Tommy's scream of terror caused Zak to laugh against Darryl's lips, the two of them eventually pulling away from one another.

"Does that mean it's official?!" Clay yelled out.

Zak looked over at Clay, then looked back at Darryl. Darryl gave Zak a small nod. Zak beamed and then got up onto a lunch chair, using it to take a step onto the table and hoist himself on top of it. "ATTENTION!" He shouted.

Zak's shout caused the cafeteria to erupt into hushes and murmurs. Satisfied, Zak cleared his throat. "I would like to announce that my beautiful boyfriend, Darryl, and I are now in the new iconic relationship of Sommer High!"

"YES!" Brianna shouted, causing the rest of the cafeteria to explode with cheers and whoops and camera flashes from people taking pictures.

Zak crouched and interlocked his fingers with Darryl's. Darryl's eyes widened and mouthed a "no" to Skeppy right before his black-haired boyfriend pulled him up onto the table alongside him.

Zak laughed at Darryl's scared face before turning towards everybody watching. "For those of you filming this, this is for you, Alice!" He announced, before cupping Darryl's face and pulling him into another passionate kiss.

The cheers only got louder at this sudden declaration, people gathering around Zak's table to get a better view of what was going on.

Just as the two of them broke apart, teachers and staff began barging into the cafeteria and ordering students to sit down. "Oh shit!" Zak giggled and quickly hopped down from the table, helping Darryl down in the process.

After all of the students eventually calmed down, Darryl's red face slowly turned to look at Zak. "Did you really have to go all out for that?" He questioned shyly.

"You should get used to it," Zak insisted. "I'm gonna be your boyfriend, after all."

And Darryl laughed at that. He laughed because despite all of Zak's annoying habits and mischievous activities, he knew that he would still always love him, and that was all that Darryl needed.

THE END!!!

It's kind of an open ending, because we don't really know if Alice ended up getting expelled or not, but in my mind I see her getting expelled :) obviously the students wouldn't be able to know in that short of time, which is why I kind of left it unexplained in the story!

ALSO i would just like to take this time to say that oh my god i love my readers so much. your comments are so so so funny and adorable and i love you all to pieces! i seriously enjoy every single joke, reaction, theatre reference, or just feedback in general that you guys have left on my stories! i'm convinced i have the best readers on wattpad! i love you guys <3

if i'm being honest, i have no idea what i'm doing for my next story, but i'm sort of looking to go on a different path from skephalo.

I WANT YOUR THOUGHTS:
i've been watching a lot of tommyinnit and tubbo content lately so i'm wondering if you guys would be interested in reading a tommy or tubbo POV story? i was thinking like a high school drama thing but from a new freshmen's perspective. there wouldn't be any shipping involving tommy or tubbo (that's just weird) but i could include drama involving dreamnotfound or skephalo or just anybody else. it would probably be about modern public school issues, full of fluff, angst, whump, or anything else that my readers would like to see. would you guys be interested? let me know!

anyways, yes this is the ending, i'm sorry, but i hope you guys enjoyed this story!! BYE!