[13] Clawing Cats

trigger warning: strong language, violence, blood

THE BREAKUP, ch. 13
Zak left the school, staying by Darryl's side. He's always felt safe around the taller boy, he wasn't really sure why. Darryl's presence just made him feel a lot more comfortable in any scenario. Zak needed that comfort in this scenario, so he was glad that Darryl was there.

As the boys walked out, Zak noticed students walking around the school. "How much you wanna bet the fight's behind the building?" Skeppy asked Darryl.

Darryl's eyebrows popped up. "Like 90%," He replied.

The two of them followed the river of kids. They hurried, heading towards the front of the group. Suddenly there was a shout coming from the back, so students around them started to run. Zak ripped away from Darryl, dashing towards the crowd forming behind the school.

Zak pushed through the people, feeling déjà vu from when he witnessed Clay pinning down George. Eventually he broke through and saw Brianna and Alice already going in on each other.

It was a cat fight, sharp nails flying everywhere and screeches heard from both of them. Zak's eyes widened when he noticed that Alice's neck was bleeding from a scratch Brianna had given her.

Skeppy felt himself start to panic as he watched the girls attack each other. He saw that Brianna had grabbed Alice's hair and was tugging at it like it was life or death. His heart rate picked up when Alice started to punch at Brianna's thighs.

Suddenly, Darryl appeared beside Zak, watching the fight along with him. Zak quickly grabbed onto Darry's wrist, instantly feeling a bit better. Darryl eyed his friend curiously but didn't say anything. He could tell Skeppy was stressed.

That's when Brianna threw Alice to the ground. Deep down inside Zak knew Brianna would win since she had way more experience with fighting. He watched as Alice was repeatedly kicked in the stomach, wincing at the pain she must've been feeling.

Eventually, Alice let out a scream. "Stop it!" She shrieked.

Brianna immediately stopped, stepping away from the girl and smirking. She looked back at Zak and Darryl. The boys both had straight faces. Brianna slightly frowned that they didn't cheer, but she didn't care much anyways. The adrenaline from the fight was still in her veins so she felt good.

Alice sat up and coughed a couple of times, luckily no blood escaped her throat. She stood up shakily, instantly receiving support from Vincent. "Where the fuck is Clay," She spat.

Vincent simply shrugged, not saying much else.

"Let's get out of here," Skeppy muttered, turning around and exiting the fight scene. Both Darryl and Brianna followed him, leaving Alice and her goons behind.

Brianna was smiling. "I feel so fucking badass. That bitch deserved what she got."

Darryl's eyebrows furrowed. He's always hated violence, but for some reason he felt a little happy that Alice was destroyed so harshly. Brianna put it perfectly, Alice did deserve it, and justice feels great.

Zak was surprisingly the one most upset about it. Even though Alice had wronged him so many times, he still felt very sorry for the girl. Perhaps it was because he once loved her, or maybe it's the fact that he still sees her as the innocent girl she used to be. Either way, it was really horrible to see her thrown on the grown, her neck bleeding and her screaming for it to stop.

"Are you alright?" Darryl asked Zak.

The shorter looked up at his friend. Darryl is always next to him to ask him if he's okay, it's just who he is. Zak loves it. He loves who Darryl is and it would hurt him a lot if he ever left. So for now, he was really grateful that he was here with him. "Yeah, I think I'm okay," He answered.

The three of them walked to Jacob's house to help the boy set up for his party that was happening the next day. Jacob's parents are always gone on business trips for some reason, which really allows him to plan stuff. Not to mention that his parents are extremely rich, meaning that he practically lives in a mansion.

The point is, Jacob's house is perfect for ragers.

Zak, Darryl, and Brianna all arrived at the home. Darryl knocked on the door too politely. Zak rolled his eyes and rung the doorbell, knowing that Jacob's house was too big to hear Darryl's light knocking.

Jacob opened the door with a smile. "Hey guys!" He exclaimed. "I'm so excited for this party, bro. It's supposed to celebrate my return to school next week, because of my week suspension and all that."

Zak nodded with a grin. "The party will be amazing."

Darryl elbowed Zak.

Zak coughed. "But... there might be a bit of conflict."

Jacob's face became full of concern. "Conflict?" He asked in confusion and worry.

Zak looked at Darryl, silently asking for help. He sucked at breaking news to people. Darryl sighed and started to speak. "Alice and Brianna had a fist fight at school today," He explained.

Jacob shrugged. "Oh, that's not that bad."

"Are you kidding me?" Zak replied, in awe at Jacob's confidence. "You know it's bad to throw a party when there's a huge argument happening between two friend groups," He reminded him. "Alcohol and anger do not mix well."

"What, do you want me to put up a sign that says 'no anger'? There's no way I'm canceling this party, I've been planning it for too long," Jacob argued.

Zak opened his mouth to speak but Darryl placed a hand on his chest to calm him down. Zak listened and backed down from the conversation. Darryl turned to Jacob. "What Zak is trying to say is to be careful. We're just a little bit worried, that's all."

Jacob nodded in understanding. "Don't fret about it, there's nothing to worry about," He assured the both of them. "Alright, who's going to help me decorate this place?"

~

a/n: i'm at school rn and it's mega awkward