Holiday Season & Unknown Reason

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

Third Person P.O.V.:

Charlie wasn't exactly sure where he was going. All he knew was that his selfless conscience was driving him as far away from Ron Weasley as humanely possible. At the same time, however, his anger was trying to convince him to go back and unleash himself; he wouldn't give in, of course, but the thoughts were all too embedded in his mind.

Harry Potter followed in his friend's wake, mimicking every step Charlie took out of the castle and onto the school grounds.

"Oi, wait up, will you?" he called. "Where on earth are you going?"

Charlie growled, "Away from Ron before I do something I'll regret."

The boy with glasses sighed, increasing his pace to settle alongside his friend as they walked through the grounds, the sun shining down upon them. Harry watched Charlie intently, noticing his tensed features; his jaw was clenched, his fists were balled up, and his eyes had become almost as black as his irises.

"Listen," Harry said softly, pulling back on his friend's arm to make him stop, "Ron was being a prat, okay? I know that believe me, but it isn't worth getting so upset ever. He's not in a right state."

Charlie scoffed, avoiding eye contact, "I don't give a damn whether he's in his right state or not. That doesn't justify punching me in the face!"

"I know that," Harry sighed, shrugging slightly. "And I'm not taking his side by any means, but try and understand it from his perspective, will you? The girl he is in love with -"

"The girl he is in love with?" Charlie repeated, his eyes narrowing in disbelief. "You mean, my girlfriend? My girlfriend, Harry! I mean, for goodness sakes, why couldn't he have fancied anyone else?!"

"Well, I suppose Ron is thinking the same thing about you," Harry shrugged, smiling uneasily in attempt to lighten the mood

"Well, I suppose Ron is thinking the same thing about you," Harry shrugged, smiling uneasily in attempt to lighten the mood. "Look, it was a bit of a shock for Ron, finding out like that, but he'll come 'round, I'm sure."

"And if he doesn't?" Charlie questioned, feeling slightly discouraged; his face falling slightly.

"Well... I reckon Hermione is going to be hard one to get over," Harry said gently, "and no doubt, it'll take some time, but you don't have to worry about that. She chose you, didn't she? And she undoubtedly loves you... anyone with eyes can see that. Seems to me like you've got nothing to worry about."

Charlie gulped, feeling torn between the fluttery feeling he received by being reminded of Hermione's undeniable love for him, and the potentially tarnished reality of his and Ron's friendship.

"What's going to happen to us now?" he asked, his anger fading into worry. "What does this mean for Ron and me?"

"You're best mates," Harry smiled, clapping his friend on the back. "And it'll be a damn shame if you let a girl get between you."