3

Work work work work. All I do is work. The Duke of Arlington is putting together the ceremony for the wedding. It should be a ready by the end of this month.

I sigh, standing. I've been working for a few days straight. It's time to relax. I head into my quarters, and take a bath. I prefer to bathe myself. The amount of people who want me dead is unending, and when I'm bathing is one of my most vulnerable times.

I'd rather just do it myself.

"Call Amias to my chambers," I instruct one of my maids, as I head into my bath.

I put my robe on, heading into my room. Amias looks up at me. He smiles.

"Hello, Master. I'm so happy you called for me."

He's like a little puppy.

"How have you been," I ask as the maids pick out my bedclothes.

"Fine Master. I just missed you," he whispered.

He got attached quickly. Is that a red flag I wonder? My maids change my clothes.

"Is that so. You certainly look healthier."

Amias watches as I'm dressed silently.

"Master," he whispers, "Will I be staying here tonight?"

I sigh. "No. However we have something to discuss,"

I dismiss the maids, eyeing him. His skin is brighter, his hair shiny, eyes clear. I knew he would be beautiful. He outshines every noble I know.

But he needs to learn manners.

"Have you been good?" I asked, cupping his cheek.

"Yes, Master. I've been learning to read and write, just as you instructed."

I smile. "Very good." I put my hand on his head, before lifting his chin.

I really do have a good eye.

"Do you understand...that by becoming my consort, you are becoming my husband?"

His face flushes. So cute.

"Yes, Master."

"You know not to have any relations with any other woman, correct?"

"Yes, Master."

I smirk. "You can call me your majesty like everyone else, Amias. You're not a slave anymore."

"You saved me. You gave me a home and a purpose. To me, you're my master above all else...your majesty."

I sigh. Yes. Another pitiful soul to take care of. At least he's pretty.

"Very well," I sigh. "We'll hold the ceremony within a month."

I get into my bed. Amias shuffles. "May I stay here Master?"

I hear Ryuk shuffle behind the door. I may be his savior but that doesn't mean he won't try to kill me.

"Sure, come sleep next to me."

He gets in the bed beside me, stiffly. So cute. I can't wait to ruin him.

"May...May I touch you, Master?" He asks his skin red.

"You May," I instruct him.

He puts his arms around me. I tuck him under me, raising his head. Look at those eyes...his pupils are so dilated, that I hardly see the green anymore. A trait in easterners perhaps?

But then again he was marketed as a beast. Maybe they weren't off the mark.

"Amias," I whisper.

He cocks his head. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Where did you grow up?"

His eyes go back to normal. "A small cage. It was dark and lonely."

I smile, kissing him gently. And just like that, his eyes have dilated again. It's cute.

"I'll keep you safe. Just stay under me, by side this way, do you understand?"

His eyes fixate on my lips. "Yes, Mistress. I will do whatever you wish of me."

"Good boy."

The time for the ceremony approaches quickly. Amias has learned manners and can read and write enough. His obedience is exceptional, especially in comparison to the other one...

"Your Majesty,"

He's a handful. The day before the ceremony, he walks in, his golden robes, and white hair glistening.

Amias sits at my feet. He says that he likes it there. I don't mind it either.

"High Priest," I nod.

His eyes dart to Amias who instantly looks away, with a blush.

"Is this man our new emperor, your majesty?" His lips quirk up ever so slightly.

"He is."

His eyes narrow. "He seems timid. Please, come to the temple before the ceremony. Approach god on these matters—"

I sigh, cutting him off. He shakes his head.

"Oh, your majesty. I do admire you. You have such pity for your people."

Amias lays his head on my lap and the High Priest's piercing and critical gaze.

They won't get along it seems.

"If I do decide to marry you, Lind, Amias will be the First Husband. You'll have to listen to him."

Lind cocks his head. "Yes, Your Majesty."

"Amias," I urge, "Say hello."

"Yes, Mistress," He looks up, "Hello."

Lind smiles spitefully. "Since we'll be brothers in marriage, how about we get to know each other before the ceremony?"

Amias looks up at me in question.

I nod. Lind narrows his eyes. That's right. You aren't running anything around here.

"Y-yes. I'll go with you." Amias says.