Chapter 20: The Invitation

That night, the king clung onto Jimin's brooch and tried to hang onto the idea of having Jimin in his arms to substitute the hollow tone of being alone. Jungkook eased himself with the idea of Jimin hugging him to sleep like he did in the morning; gentle warmth wrapped around his frame and an addicting scent he longed to bury his face in everyday. Yet, the young king failed to realize that he only fed his obsession with the many thoughts of Jimin.

      Jungkook believed he was just loving Jimin like any other person would; kissing, admiring, treasuring their partner every moment. But in reality, Jungkook's desperation pushed him to treasure Jimin and admire him every second. Every second that slipped him by, Jungkook would think of Jimin; he would miss him, want him, crave him, and he would think of many negatives that seemed to sound positive in his mind. After the boy's manipulative first love, Jungkook got a hold of Jimin for once, refusing to let him go and letting history repeat itself.

      By morning, Hoseok walked out of the market after selling. The noble had a bag for his arrows and a secure lock that kept the bow in place on his back. The young man used his bow and arrows to hunt as a hobby to cope with stress and sold whatever he caught. His skills were precise but it was one of the many things he wasn't vocal about. As the people of the village admired his persona, Hoseok was seen as the perfect man who faced no issues. However, that wasn't always the case behind closed doors.

     When Jung Hoseok first met Jimin, he slowly began to revert to his habit of hunting with his bow and arrows. It was the exact opposite feeling he longed to experience when he was engaged to Jimin. He expected to be loved, to be happy for once but now, his relationship with Jimin gave him fear, stress, and pain. Especially when he knew the father had plans to kill an innocent commoner which only seemed to stress him out even more.

    Hoseok was a very caring man, he never held a burning hate towards anyone, not even the 'commoner' Jimin truly admired. In reality, the only thing that prevented him from hating the mystery alpha was the idea of Jimin still wanting Hoseok at the very end. Even if it wasn't true, Hoseok dared to believe that in Jimin's complicated heart, he would have a spot just for him too.

     As the alpha walked past many people, he gave off his usual fake smile that made many other omegas blush at the sight of his sharp fangs. But just as he began to walk out of the market, he suddenly ran into Kim Taehyung once again.

     "Carrying bow and arrows with a fake smile like that makes you look as if you just killed a man," Taehyung called out and approached the alpha. "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul."

     "Well, we meet again, Taehyung."

     "Nice to see you again. You look upset, is something on your mind?" Taehyung asked as he locked his hands behind his back as he gazed at the nobleman before him. "You couldn't fool me with a smile that fake, I know a smile when I see one," Taehyung mentioned as he pointed to his own adoring smile that made the corners of the alpha's fake smile curve into a real one.

      "Well, it's none of your concern. I just have things I need to let go," Hoseok added and continued walking to shake off the omega that always seemed to tag along. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the next selection?"

      "No, I won't go until they request my household. Until then, here I am!" Taehyung replied instantly with another smile as he rushed to keep up with the alpha.

      "Then, go hangout with Jimin. He seems to spend more time with you compared to his future alpha..." Hoseok mentioned blankly with a sigh escaping his fake smile right after.

       "You don't seem to be doing much and neither do I. Besides, Jimin hangs out with his guardian, Namjoon, when he's not with me. Anyway, let's go do something. The bow and arrows look fun!"