Chapter 23: Focus

When morning came along, Jungkook fell asleep on the ground with his body pressed against the cold wall. He was shivering over the cold wind that rushed through the night and made its way to his room. Jungkook clung onto his own body from the cold and longed for heat to warm him up, but he only remained sitting and bearing the cool wind brushing his skin and causing goosebumps to form along his arms.

     Suddenly, Jimin woke up as his eyes searched the room for the king instantly until he found Jungkook resting against the wall. The omega was only wearing his underwear to sleep to avoid returning home with wrinkles and a strong scent of the king written all over his bright silk hanbok.

      "Why is he... sleeping on the ground?" Jimin asked, tilting his head in worry. Then, the omega wrapped his hair back into a messy bun, securing the hair do with the same brooch he purchased from the market the other day.

       The omega then got up, grabbing the cotton blanket off the bed and dragging it along the ground to the king against the wall. Within seconds, Jungkook was covered with warmth as Jimin then moved in underneath the covers to hug the alpha gently. Jimin felt the cold and firm skin of the alpha for spending the night with only his lower undergarment. Exposing his torso and his arms to the cold.

       "Jungkook..." Jimin whispered and awakened the alpha with the caring tone to his fragile voice. "Are you okay...?"

       Underneath the covers, Jungkook's eyes opened and met with his partner. The light beamed onto the covers where the two hid under. It was like a heavenly light surrounding the two so suddenly and his eyes gleamed at the sight of the omega in front of him.

       "Jungkook, what are you doing here on the ground? Didn't you want to sleep next to me?" Jimin whispered again as the alpha blinked and rubbed his eyes right after.

      "Oh Jimin, that's not what it looks like. I just..." The alpha then let out a sigh and looked away from Jimin's guilt tripping gaze. "I think this was a bad idea... This plan, I couldn't sleep all night after what I've dreamt of. I think I'm going to have my rut soon. I've had dreams, dreams of you that became so vivid. It's been happening a lot that now, I just feel like it could happen any second. I didn't want to trigger it in my sleep as I rested by your side."

       "Jungkook, I trust you with everything. If you focus on me, I know you wouldn't hurt me...it's possible, you're just scared, I understand that," Jimin assured and cupped the alpha by his face as he moved in. Pressing his head against his partner and smiling. "Are you going to keep sleeping on the ground when I come over? You'll freeze to death!"

       "I'll try not to," Jungkook chuckled and brought the omega close against his exposed torso. "Jimin, If I don't show up at all this week, you'll know I'll be on my rut and I don't want you to risk your life coming here,"

       "Jungkook, you won't kill me! All of this is in your head, I will come here for you, don't deny me... What do we have to lose?" Jimin asked and hugged the alpha. Believing that a few words would soothe the jagged thoughts the king would always have, but, Jungkook was too much of an overthinker to even focus on the brighter side of things.

         Eventually, Jimin left the palace to take a quick trip to the omega river and wash off the king's scent. He avoided his parents' words and went about his morning, not allowing a word of the night he shared with the king to escape from his mouth. Making sure he kept Jungkook as his secret when it came to everyone he knew.

       As Jimin found the night to be a perfect experience with the alpha, Jungkook was tormented by everything. He was too harsh on himself and his desperation longed for Jimin to come back so they could do things right for one more night. Yet, it was only his rut disguising itself as his desperation that yearned for another breathtaking night with Jimin. Only this time, they would ascend deeper into the meaning of love.