Chapter 45: My Pain

Closer and closer the steps reached until it suddenly came to a stop once the door was opened. Jimin believed it was just one of his caring servants, but the longer the silent pause took, the more Jimin began to doubt it. Instantly, his father's scent reached his nose and caused the omega to feel nauseous from the scent that became stronger compared to before. With that, Jimin slowly looked up at his father in pain before his blood began to boil once more.

        "W-What do you... you want now? Do you have another al-alpha to marry me off to?!" Jimin hissed and frantically tried to dry every tear so he wouldn't be seen so little by his father.

        "What's wrong with you?" Asked the father worryingly. Normally, he didn't care what the omega felt and only knew how to force many things onto his life. However, this was different. Mr. Park was different and only offered security and comfort. Not another marriage Jimin was bound to get out of.

        "Why do you care? All you've ever done was cause me pain! I'm so stubborn, so selfish and frustrated because of the way I was made! You made me this way and now I don't know what to do with myself..." cried the omega. The heat of his blood only doubled as he shifted from crying, to arguing in seconds. With this, the minister began to pick up an off scent to Jimin. It was a mixture of sweet and a strong scent that was completely foreign to him.

       "You're-" the father then strayed away from speaking his mind and tossed the foreign scent away. He let out an exhale and focused on caring for his son instead of picking on him.

        The way Jihyun spoke to him before, opened his eyes to realize that Jimin was harmed every moment he spoke to him and he couldn't care less to ask him if he was alright. After many daggers shot at him, Jimin's scars were still visible to this day. Because of his father, Jimin became a selfish and stubborn omega when it came to the things he wanted in life. He was always given them in his hands without asking, so when it came down to arguing with Jungkook over the power of the decision, Jimin wouldn't let it go. He wanted what he couldn't keep.

      With silence surrounding the room with anger as the decor, the father exhaled and finally stepped closer to the omega. Despite the change to the swan's scent, Mr. Park didn't try to yell at the boy for it, rather, he kept Jihyun's words in mind and finally allowed the side that cared about his son, stand in the light.

      Once he approached Jimin, the omega's eyes widened as he began to press his body against the wall; fearing what his father would do next. Was he going to grab him by the hair again? Was he going to yell at him and lecture him once more? Or was he going to present Jimin the new alpha he intends for him to marry? Whichever it was, Jimin's nails dug into the fabric of his hanbok and feared what came next.

       Suddenly, the minister wrapped his arms around Jimin and gave him a gentle hug. A shiver as cold as ice raced down Jimin's spine as his hands were held up once his strict father finally embraced him. His gaze became blurry with more tears daring to fall as he finally felt the gentle touch of his horrifying father. The feeling became bittersweet in seconds. Jimin couldn't tell if this was reality or if he couldn't even believe this was happening. He thought there were strings attached to this, but the longer the embrace took, the longer Jimin felt his guards being lowered.

        This was his father, his strict father who never cared about the omega's feelings before. But now, here he was: hugging him, comforting him without asking too much or yelling at him. As abusive his father was, Jimin was confused on what to believe. Suddenly, he began to sob once his father held him close. Just as the father kept his head over Jimin's shoulder, his eyes fixed onto the top of the beautiful boy's mating mark.

        "I... I haven't been very kind to you, my son," said Mr. Park, looking at the rare dents along Jimin's mating mark. Yet, he didn't say another word about it at all. "I no longer want to force anything onto you. You don't have to be who I want you to be, you can now be your own person. Independent, free, you can love who you want. As long as they are not lower class alphas. No matter what, that's how life is, I want you to be smart, Jimin. And most importantly, I want you to be strong."