Alexander

I woke up earlier than normal feeling like my life was about to change for the better. I looked over at her sleeping next to me and I felt like I was home for the first time. This massively suffocating house that I hated finally felt like a home. I could see her vision, little feet running all around. I could hear them calling me daddy and I want this so much it hurts.

"Baby I'm going to start getting ready for work, why don't you stay home and rest today and I'll come home around noon with a pregnancy test." I kissed her on the cheek, but she got up and out of bed too.

"Are you trying to get me in trouble with Mr. Kane?" She winked at me.

"I think Mr. Kane would prefer to see you lying there naked in bed then behind a desk." I gave her a devilish smile.

"So, you're saying Mr. Kane wouldn't prefer to see me naked on his desk?" She was now kneeling on the bed in front of me.

"Get your gorgeous ass dressed before we're both late for work." I kissed her and smacked her ass like always, "It's not good when the boss come in later then the employees." We did our usual shower, get dressed and eat breakfast. I tried to convince her to stay home again but my beautiful stubborn workaholic wasn't having it.

"Damian, we need to stop at the nearest drug store" I said to him getting into the SUV.

"Yes Sir." He closed the car door and got into the driver's seat.

"You really want me to take a pregnancy test today?" She asked a little sad.

"Yes. What's wrong?" I had a concerned look on my face. What if she doesn't want this and is only doing it because she thinks I'm going to fire her over that fucking contract if she doesn't get pregnant. "Do you not want a baby? You can tell me I'm not going to get mad or fire you."

"I want to have a baby. I want to give you a child so badly but what if I can't get pregnant? What if he damaged me beyond repair that I can't have anymore children and you realize that you're wasting your time with me and you leave me, and I love you so much that it hurts to know that I could lose you if I can't give you a child..." She started crying and hyperventilating.

"Baby stop you're working yourself up." I held her face in my hands.

"I just don't want you to be disappointed if the test is negative." She had tears running down her face.

"If you're not pregnant we will go to a doctor and figure out our options, but honestly I think you are pregnant." I kissed her "But I would never be disappointed in you and the best part about making a baby is the sex" I winked at her and she laughed.

Damian pulled up to a drug store around the block from our company and we both went into the store. We found the aisle with the pregnancy test right next to the condoms. How ironic I thought to myself. I started to put every test they had into the shopping basket Lilith was holding.

"You just put 20 tests into the basket." She said looking at me confused.

"Do you think we need more?" I asked grabbing for another one.

"I think we just need one." She started to put them back.

"What if we mess it up then we will have to come back to get another one." I put the one she put back into the basket again.

"Okay we'll get two." She said starting to put them back again.

"What if we mess them both up?" I asked her.

"Then we should seriously reconsider this whole baby thing." She laughed.

"Smart ass" I said then helped her put back all but two of the pregnancy tests.