Alexander

I woke up late that morning for work after getting almost no sleep. Lilith went to sleep in the boy's nursery so I could at least get a couple hours of sleep. I walked into the nursery while she was feeding Ashton.

"Let Sophia and Maxwell help you today don't be supermom." I kissed her lips getting ready to leave.

"Maybe I want to be supermom." She gave me a groggy smile "I would be happy never sleeping for the rest of my life just to experience this moment."

"Tell me that in a month." I kissed her again and walked out of the nursery.

I fell asleep during the drive to work. Damian pulled in front of the building and I woke up and got out. It was already 8 am and when the elevator doors open everyone in the office congratulated me while I walked to my office.

"You look like hell." Georgia smiled and handed me a list of phone calls accumulated throughout the two weeks I was gone.

"I married a sadist." I yawned.

"Your wife is a saint, you on the other hand..."Georgia said, and I interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I yawned again. "She wouldn't let me hire a nanny. Who raises kids without nannies?"

"Most of the population." Georgia answered back.

"Well it's torture." I laughed.

"Welcome to parenthood." She laughed.

"I wouldn't change a thing, and just watching her hold our little boys in her arms or feeding them, it's the most beautiful sight in the world." I yawned again "But I am going to take a power nap, so I don't want any phone calls or knocks on the door." I opened my office door as I said it to Georgia "No one will interrupt me." Then I closed the door behind me then opened it again "Except my wife. Do not tell her I am sleeping if she calls, tell her I'm hard at work." I said to Georgia and she laughed, and I walked into my office and laid down on the couch.

I must have been sleeping for a while when my phone rang and it was already 11 am, I answered it.

"Alexander Kane here." I spoke into the speaker yawning.

"Were you sleeping?" I hear Lilith on the other end.

"No just boring work." I lied.

"If you were sleeping it's okay you deserve it." Lilith's voice spoke softly through the receiver. "Thank you for all that you do. You stayed up in the middle of the night after I told you to get some sleep and you did it knowing that you had to work in the morning. You even went into work late."

"I know, if I were anyone else, I would have fired me." I laughed.

"You are an amazing husband and Dad." I couldn't see Lilith as she spoke, but I knew she had tears in her eyes. "AC and Ashton are so lucky to have you to call Daddy, and I'm so lucky to call you mine."

"Baby I love you." I said to her smiling.

"I love you too, now go back to sleep and when you get home, I have a surprise for you." Lilith told me.

"Am I going to come home, and you are going to be lying on the bed in nothing but your birthday suit?" I asked Lilith a little excited.

"Why does surprises to you, equal sex?" She asked me.

"Because it normally does." I simply stated.

"No, this is a real surprise I've been working on for a few days." Lilith answered, "Have a good nap." Then she hung up and I fell back to sleep.