𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

the referee's whistle sounded, sharp and high-pitched, slicing through the ears of the spectators. the game burst into life, the noise of the croud immediately picking up.

it was the champion's league group stage, chelsea vs rb leipzig. skye stood huddled in the stamford bridge stands, will on one side and isabel on the other.

the large group of friends usually watched the game at someone's house but today was different. today was tammy's champion's league debut. skye had gotten a ticket before the rest of them, and had of course told tammy, but when the others bought their tickets they'd decided to keep it as a surprise.

the game seemed to fly by. it was goalless for the better part of seventy minutes, before chelsea finally raised the score after a beautiful assist from tammy.

the final whistle sounded with the score at 1-0. the fans in blue erupted, the ten of them making enough noise for everyone.

tammy jogged over to the barrier to see skye, his face brightening more upon seeing everyone else. leah, sara and aaron were in the middle of conducting a large group of other spectators in a raucous chant they'd come up with about tammy.

'i'm so proud of you!' skye cried, leaping into tammy's arms.

tammy buried his head in her neck, hugging her tight. adam, will, daisy and the others all piled on top, engulfing tammy in a suffocating group hug. the group toppled over the barrier and landed on the pitch, laughing and congratulating tammy. skye caught a glimpse of frank lampard laughing as he watched them, and was vaguely aware of a few other members of the squad joining in the messy embrace.

'guys!' tammy exclaimed, his voice shaking. skye thought he was laughing at first, and giggled along with him. but then he lifted his head and skye saw the tears glimmering on his cheeks.

'what's up?' she asked, suddenly concerned. had they hurt him by all piling on top of him?'

'i can't believe you all came!' he spoke quietly, but they all heard his words.

'of course we did!' emily grinned at him, 'wouldn't miss it for the world!'

the rough pile slowly broke up. adam, jadon and the other boys struck up a rowdy conversation with olivier giroud while the girls began daring each other to go hit on mason mount.

skye rested her head on tammy's shoulder, still snickering a little as she watched the chaos.

'not a bad match, hey?' she murmured. tammy only smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.