𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

skye couldn't believe what she was reading. surely not. every part of her was begging not to believe it, to close the article, to forget about it and go get ice cream or something. but it was there, in front of her.

TAMMY ABRAHAM SPOTTED GETTING COSY WITH UNKNOWN WOMAN.

it felt as if her whole world was crumbling.

tammy would never. would he?

'skye!' isabel, emily and leah all tumbled in, falling over each other as they entered her room.

'oh god. you've seen it then.' leah stated matter-of-factly as skye looked up at them, tears once again glistening on her cheeks.

'is it...real?' she whispered.

'we don't know,' emily spoke gently, 'but let's wait until we know everything first.'

daisy opened a pack of oreos and handed them to skye. they did little to stop the tears, but skye ate them anyway.

'adam just texted me,' daisy murmured, 'tammy's on his way here now. apparently he doesn't seem to have seen the news.'

skye wiped her eyes (not very well) and the three others quickly hid in the wardrobe.

'hey sky-blue.' tammy strolled into her bedroom, but his smile quickly disappeared as he saw his girlfriend's badly hidden distress.

'skye, what's-'

'is it true? did you...'

tammy felt the start of cold panic building in his stomach. he could guess what was going on.

he took skye's phone from her hand as she held it out to him. the article was short, and he read it in a couple of minutes.

'skye, you know i would never!' he cried, devastated.

'then how do you explain the photos? i'm sorry tammy, but it looks pretty bad.' the tears were falling down her face once again.

'skye.' tammy sat down next to her and gently wiped the tears away, 'it's a picture of my cousin. i haven't seen her for ages and she was in town so i went to see her. look, in the picture you can see me hugging her, nothing else.'

skye nodded, still a little apprehensive.

'look, i can show you my messages with her.'

tammy pulled out his phone and showed skye the exchange between him and his cousin, angie.

skye nodded, wiping the last of her tears, 'i'm so sorry i didn't trust you.'

'it's ok, i get it.' tammy responded, hugging her tight, 'but you know i love you too much to do that.'