𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

'are you sure?' tammy asked, incredulously, 'she really has no idea?'

'nope,' dave (skye's dad) whispered, grinning, 'she's absolutely clueless.'

tammy grinned in response. he'd been away for preseason in austria with the team. they'd been gone for close on a month, which was the longest him and skye had been apart, and from what the others had told him, skye was definitely pining for him.

tammy was only supposed to get back in a couple of days, but the training camp had been cut short, so he'd teamed up with skye's parents to surprise her.

he was right now crouched under skye's desk. not entirely what he'd originally envisioned but he supposed it would do.

according to helena, skye's mother, skye would get home from her work at a coffee shop in about five minutes. tammy glanced at his watch, beginning to get rather uncomfortable. to his relief, he heard the front door bursting open a moment later.

'i'm home!' skye's voice drifted up the stairs, accompanied by the sound of her footsteps hurrying up towards her room.

'boo!' tammy burst out from under the desk. skye screamed and leapt back, clutching her chest.

'tammy!' she yelled, a mix of infuriation and happiness. she leapt into his arms, this time surprising him.

he giggled, breathing in the familiar, light smell of her perfume. he felt his shoulder growing slightly damp. he didn't need to ask why.

'you missed me that much?' he laughed.

'yep.' skye murmured. tammy smiled.

'i missed you too.'

[too cringe?]