Chapter Three

School had been dismissed and I read Tony's message he said meet him at the liquor store on 87th street across from Maxwells I said Ighit.

When I got there I saw Tony with some other Niggas I ain't know. He had a look on his face I ain't never seen before he said aye we got work to do. Since you knew to da shit Alejandro. I said what's da word? He said here.

He hands me a gun..and a mask

I want you too rob that liquor store and if you don't come back with no money we gone beat yo ass. I said why Tony Mr. Elroy ain't never did nun to me he been nice to us sense we were kids he use to let us get free shit. It about all dat Alex it's about the principle of the shit show us that you dedicated and in this shit for the clout.

I nooded my head..put the mask on grabbed the fun and went inside fast. I started talking deep. EVERYBODY GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!(DEEP VOICE)

Mr. Eleoy was a 63 year old man I felt so guilty the man treated me with the up most respect he damn near was like family.

GIVE ME THE FUCKING MONEY HURRY UP OLD MAN!!!!

He struggled to open the register you could tell he was frightened I was scared I was gonna give him a heart attack. He took out all the cash it was just $150 dollars I ran out... and ran far down the street I could hear Chicago PD in the distance I went in a abandon house 2 blocks away Tony was waiting on me.....

Where's the money? Here bro I said angrily.. what's wrong with you? What the fuck you mean what's wrong with me?... I JUST ROBBED A OLD MAN THAT AIN'T NEVER DID A DAMN THING TO ME

That's low down and dirty bro and I ain't sign up for that! What the fuck you just say Alejandro?? Tony came at me fast everybody watched he pushed me to the ground.. Now you my homebody been that way sense we was little ass kids but you in the streets now homez this ain't the playground this real shit out here man and we don't give a fuck out here. Ain't no courtesy and we damn sure don't give a fuck about feelings!! THIS WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOE NOW BE A MAN AND OWN YO SHIT!!

I looked at Tony he seemed serious and I could tell this wasn't for show. Too Tony the gang is his life it's all he knows he was brought up this way and I feel like he got offended and felt disrespect when I said what I did was dirty, cause I am damn sure Tony has done a lot worse. Here's you're cut today... he gave me a paper bag inside was money however I didn't know how much. And here's you're delivery take that shit to the house on your block 8516 south Aberdeen sleep it in the malbox in the screen door. Ighit Tony I said... imma call you later said Tony.

On my way back my neighborhood block I thought to myself is this really what I want..I literately just robbed a old man for no reason....And what if I get caught next time..
I dropped off the package and I put the paper bag Tony have to me In my book bag when I got home my mom was there in her work clothes and my sister sitting on the couch watching Disney Channel. My mom worked two jobs she worked at Walmart during the day and she worked at the gas station at night. She worked herself to death you could tell how stress she was, she was only 32 and working like a slave to provide for us and here I am I just robbed a old man for $150 damn near killed him.

Where the fuck you been!!! I'm LATE FOR WORK ALEXANDER YOU FUCKING IDIOTA...

You know what I don't even care watch you're sister and DO NOT LEAVE THIS FUCKING HOUSE YOU HEAR ME!!
Jose will be here later if he doesn't text me.

Door slams...

I looked at my sister and she looked just as tired as I was.. I went upstairs to my room.. Jose and I shared a room he was barley here though he usually stays at his girlfriends house or one of his hoes houses so it was basically my room. My sister sleeps with my mom. We lived in a small house two bedrooms one bathroom and it was downstairs and a kitchen connected to the living room actually as soon as you enter the house your looking at the living room and the kitchen the stairs are on the side .

I went in my room plowed down on the bed I took off my champion hoodie and felt so good to take it off and through it in my closet. I probrably couldn't ware it for a while cause of the police looking for someone wearing a blue champion hoodie I was kinda pissed about that cause it was my favorite hoodie. I was wearing some pants with slashes in them with my brand new Jordan ones. I looked at my phone and I had a email and a text message.

Email...
Dear student

We would like to inform you that 2016-2017 Basketball Tryouts are starting next week JV ob Monday -Tuesday 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Varsity
Wednesday - Thursday 3:00pm -7:00pm

THERE WILL BE NO MAKEUPS!!!

I loved playing basketball I tried out my sophomore year and Coach Wilkos said I was close to making it but he had one more spot and he gave it to a senior. My passion was basketball, Playing my PlayStation and rapping on my free time. I always wanted to go to the NBA shit but how many Nigga a in the hood that want to join the NBA so I guess that was just a distant desire...but my Abuela always said never tell yourself what you can't do anything is possible neño.
I got a text message form Jessica too

Jessica..

Hey Alejandro we can meet at my house on Saturday at 2:00pm see you then.

I put my phone on my pillow and opens up the paper bag inside was $500 with a note.

We look after our own welcome to the LATIN PLAYERS....