Chapter 5: Boss fight

The mysterious shinobi and Kane charges at each other, while Akari and Minai watch. Akari is quite nervous and tries to not make a move towards the battle, Minai, however, is quite the opposite.

The shinobi jumps and points one of his hooked-blades at Kane's head. Kane moves to the side and strikes. After landing, the shinobi instantly deflects his attack and stabs him several times on the chest before back-flipping away.

The shinobi then hooks his blades together and swings them around in Kane's direction. Responding to this, Kane poofs behind him and slashes at his back. The shinobi poofs away from Kane.

Shinobi: I see you have the powers of the shinobi.

Shinobi: Not that surprising. After all, your mother was a ninja too.

Kane: Am I even supposed to be surprised or shocked, here?

Kane: My mother isn't even a fucking ninja.

Shinobi: Welp, looks like I'm in the wrong here, oh well then.

Shinobi: I think I'll tell my boss that your mother isn't a ninja.

Shinobi: After this fight, of course.

The shinobi throws a smoke grenade below him, suddenly 3 clones of him dash out of the smoke towards Kane. As they move closer, Kane rushes them. During that moment, he does the same thing as before with his Katana.

The katana's blade becomes covered in ink, before turning into what was already mentioned before. 

Minai: Hmm, I wonder what that move Kane is doing with his Katana?

Akari: What do you mean?

Minai: Well, don't you see?

Minai: Look at his blade.

Minai: I assume that make his blade more powerful.

Akari: Yeah, that's what I immediately guessed.

Akari: I'm going to ask him, later.

Kane strikes at clone #1, clone #1 performs a dodge-attack in response. Kane would jump backward and hits him. As a result, it poofs into a trunk. Clone #2 equips a ball covered in spikes. He'd then throws it towards Kane's feet, which created smaller spiked balls over a medium-sized area surrounding Kane. The spiked balls begin stabbing at Kane's feet, causing him to kick them away. Clone #2 continues to run across the spiked area, somehow the spiked balls didn't affect him, then he'd strike.

Kane expects this to happen and parries only one of his blades. He'd then release a hand off the handle of his katana and grabs the other arm. Kane cuts clone #2's arm, which Kane was holding, in half and that results in the clone poofing. Clone #3 sprints at Kane from his side and throws one of the hooked-blades towards Kane scoring a hit. The clone jumps in the air and goes in for an attack.

Kane turns to his side and points his katana at the clone and smiles. The clone realizes his mistake since he can't control his body while in mid-air.

Clone #3: Oh shit.

The clone lands with the katana sticking through him, then he poofs into smoke. Suddenly, Kane was stabbed in the back by 2 blades. Kane rotates and kicks him back, then raises his Katana. The shinobi tosses a spiked ball under Kane and even though it exploded into smaller pieces, it didn't affect Kane as he chose to ignore it. Kane brought his blade down at the shinobi. The shinobi places his blades together to intercept the incoming attack. Unfortunately, like the previous male assassin that Kane fought, the Shinobi's hooked-blade was broken therefore his defense is now shattered. The blow from Kane's attack hit the shinobi hard, soon after he fell.