4. Date Night

Tay P.O.V Tuesday October 11th 2016 6:09pm

 I sigh and turn off my car. Why do I feel like something ain't right? I shake the feeling and lock my doors. Approaching my apartment. I open the door and Journey is sitting on the couch with King. I rush over there. 

 "Journey! You know King can't be sitting up here without an adult on the couch with him." I say and grab him. She doesn't even move. "Journey" I call out to her. She's staring in the kitchen. What the hell? "Journey" I say and wave my hand in her face. She blinks and looks at me. Now that I realize it, her hair is all nappy looking and she still has on her pajamas. Something ain't right. I take King to our bedroom. Kaay's laying on the bed. "Kaay, baby. What's wrong with Journey? Why she look so ratchet?" I ask and place King in his crib. "Hell, ion know. Your daughter. Your ratchet-ness." She says and starts filing her nails. I side eye her. "Now all of a sudden, she's my daughter? Whatever." I say and gather my things to take a shower. "Go cook or something. Make ya ass useful. All you do is sit around here and breathe up all my good air like you pay for it." I say and go in the bathroom. "Fuck ya nigga" She says and walks out the room. "Yeah. Okay. You better get back in here and watch my son." I say and slam the bathroom door. Fuck wrong with her? 

 I get out the shower and walk back in the room. I throw my clothes into the dirty clothes hamper. I look in King's crib and see he's still in there. Just rolling round and drooling. I reach in and grab him out. I change his diaper and head to the kitchen. I wash my hands and start fixing him a bottle. I turn around and see Journey still staring in here. "Kaay, where the food?" I ask. "In the kitchen. Cook some" I hand King his bottle and put him in his swing. "I'm tired of yo' smart ass remarks." I say and point my finger in Kaay's face. She scrunches her face up. "Nigga if you don't getcho nasty ass finger out my damn face, i'll hurt you." She says and pushes my finger away. I sigh. "At least go fix my daughter some dinner. Please. Can ya do that? Will ya do that, Kaay?" I ask. She looks at me with disgust written all over her face. She sighs and gets up. I smile and sit on the couch. I knew she wasn't all bad. She comes back with a frozen boxed dinner and tosses it on Journey's lap. I take that back. This bitch is all bad and she crazy as hell. 

 I fly off the couch in fury. "Girl go warm it up with yo crazy ass." I say and point to the kitchen. "She can do it her damn self, Tay. I shouldn't have to be the girl mama. Damn. It ain't my fault you run girls away." She says and starts walking towards our bedroom. "Oh yeah? If I run girls away like you say I do, then why haven't you gone anywhere? Why haven't you ran away yet?" I ask. She crosses her arms. "Oh trust me, I have." She says and walks to the bedroom. I turn around and look at Journey. I grab the dinner and go warm it up. I pick her up and put her to the dining room table. When the food gets done, I hand it to her. She eats like some type of wild animal. That kinda makes me wonder. I've honestly never seen my baby eat like this! Has Kaay been neglecting her? 

 "Can I have another one?" Journey asks softly. I look and realize she's done. I get up and warm her up another one. She stares at the microwave intently as the time winds down. "Journey. Did you eat today?" I ask her. She looks at me then looks down at the table. "Yes" She says. "Journey, are you sure?" I ask her. The microwave goes off. I go get her food and bring it to her. She starts eating just like how she was before. I get her some juice and give it to her. 

 I get up and go to the bedroom. Kaay's sitting at her vanity mirror. "What's wrong with you?"  "Nothing." She says. She gets up and turns off the bedroom light and gets in the bed. I shake my head and gather my things to take a shower. What a night!