Thank You

This chapter is dedicated to Avenge_the_fandoms (my bae) thanks for everything love!

The night before his wedding, Sherlock Holmes payed Mike Stamford a visit, or rather he broke into the disgruntled and rather traumatized man's bedroom at 3 in the morning.

"Sher- wha? Why are you here?" Mike murmured, blinking against the sudden bright light of the bedside lamp. Sherlock ran a hand through his hair, musing it up slightly as he paced the room. "Shouldn't you be with John? You've kind of got an important day tomorrow."

"Er- I actually wanted to talk to you about something," Sherlock said breathily, the usually steadfast man be now reduced to a blushing mess.

"Sherlock, whatever you have to say, couldn't it wait until the morning? I mean, it's 3 in the bloody morning!"

"I currently have a rather stressed out man residing in my bed, who will only get increasingly stressed as the day continues on. I would be insane if I were to leave his side come morning." Sherlock said, pausing as he gave Mike a look of utter pity, as though he felt sorry for his lack of intelligence. Mike was rather accustomed to this look, and he ignored it.

"You are insane."

"Fair point, but I don't have a death wish."

"That's disputable." Mike laughed, rising from his bed as he continued to rub the sleep from his eyes.
"The point is, I'm getting married in the morning and I've realized that there is something that I should say to you." And with that, Sherlock was upon him, wrapping his arms around Mike as he squeezed his eyes shut. Mike, having experienced the rather terrifying experience of being shook awake at three in a morning by someone who had broken into his bedroom, coupled with the fact that Sherlock Holmes was actually hugging him, went into a sort of shock and was unable to move for a moment.

"You were the one who started it all. You introduced me to John, and for that I owe you my life. So... Thank you. You have given me a gift that I will never be able to repay." Sherlock murmured quietly, finally drawing away at the end of his speech. Mike nodded briskly, still trying to get over the fact that Sherlock Holmes had hugged him.

"Right. Well um... Shall I put on some tea? I suppose it's never to early for tea..." Mike rambled, turning away and leaving his room for a moment. "Let's see... Do you want any sugar in yours Sherlock?" After a moment, Mike ducked his head back into the room. Sherlock Holmes was gone, and in the years to come, Mike Stamford never fully knew if he was dreaming.