~Chapter 11~

Last time...
I looked in front of me, and saw Tanjiro was the one who tried calming me down. I calmed down a bit, and Tanjiro loosened his hand around me. I sighed heavily as my body stopped shaking, and answered.

"I just know...that it has to be a tsuzumi..." I answered as I looked away.

Zenitsu nodded as he worriedly looked at me.

"Well, enough of that! Let's get to our mission!" I cheered, putting one fist up high.

And now it's Zenitsu's turn to be shaking intensely—

~Back to the chapter~

Zenitsu stopped shaking and started intently listening to the tsuzumi sounds coming from the house. I closed my eyes and started listening, and I could hear multiple tsuzumi sounds coming from the house, I then remembered something.

'Wait! This is the part where some bloody guy gets thrown out the house!'

I quickly ran back towards the kids before the signs of anybody getting thrown out are shown. I hugged both of them tightly with their heads on my chest.

"Don't ask what I'm doing, kids! Just don't look!"

Suddenly, a body seemingly covered with blood flew out of the top of the house, the body then fell harshly towards the ground, blood splattered throughout the floor, followed by sounds of bones cracking.

'Good thing I made it in time...'

Zenitsu began shaking intensely again as he stared at the body in shock. Shivers went up my spine as I saw the body, and I duck my head down to put my head on top of the kids' head.

'Don't look, don't look.'

Tanjiro ran past Zenitsu's shaking silhouette and towards the body on the ground.

"Are you okay?!"

Tanjiro shouted as soon as he reached the body. He held the body up with a hand to his back and another to his head.

"Are you all right?! Stay with me!"

Tanjiro stared at the body with a troubled face.

'The wound is so deep. Is this...'

I built up the courage and made the kids hug each other without looking, and ran towards where Tanjiro was.

"Even though...I got out...Even though I made it...made it outside...Still...am I gonna die?"

The guy managed to muster out his question. Tanjiro got an even more troubled face on as I stared at the body with worry.

"Am I still gonna die...?"

He managed to mutter out again. Tanjiro didn't say anything and only hugged the body in return. As if the hug had drained out his life, the boy died in Tanjiro's arms.

'And now he's gone...' Tanjiro thought, still looking at the corpse in front of him.

'(Y/N)...'

'Huh...?'

'Feel the light of each soul...the life within them can only be felt by you...'

This voice was very familiar, and it seems this voice had finally made its appearance, again.

'The light of each soul, huh?'

I breathed in and closed my eyes, focusing on whatever light surrounded me, I opened my eyes again. As if the surroundings had been swallowed by a dark void, it disappeared. Leaving a black background, and slowly, flickers of lights can be seen. In front of me, was the light that got my attention the most, the brightest light out of all of them. I focused on the light in front and a figure slowly faded into my view.

'Tanjiro?'

I noticed the light flickering on his chest, supposedly where our human heart should be. I then turned around to see Zenitsu and the kids. The light was also at the same spot as Tanjiro's, only fainter. I looked back towards Tanjiro, and saw the body on his arms, with no light whatsoever.

'Right...he really is dead...'

'The light represents the will of the people, the will to survive, the kindness in them, the positive things they believe in...their passion towards everything... Everything good and bright about them. There will be no physical light inside the house, use the light inside of each person as your own power, the power that only you can have...'

Suddenly, the surrounding void engulfed the bodies of them as well, then the world returned to its original state.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N), you hear me?!"

Tanjiro waved his hands in front of me continuously and snapped me back from reality.

"Oh, uh. Sorry 'bout that, Tanjiro. I kinda spaced out there." I said, giving a light nervous chuckle.

"It's okay, (Y/N), but for now, we're the only ones who can help the kids, including Zenitsu."

He then turned around to face Zenitsu, who was trembling madly. I patted Zenitsu on the back and smiled.

"Look, Zenitsu. I'm sure we're all scared, but just try to man up and face it for now. I'm sure you can do it! Try to fight bravely even if you are scared, do it for these kids." I gestured to the kids as I hispered these words into his ears.

For a moment, I felt a light of passion glow brighter within him, but it soon faded. Zenitsu gulped and nodded. He was clearly still very scared, considering how he's still trembling, but at least he decided to put out a braver act in order to be more useful in this mission.

'We couldn't save him.. if only we've gotten here sooner, we could've saved him...'

I looked towards the sound from where this thought came from, Tanjiro had his back turned towards us and was looking at the body with guilt in his eyes. He then turned towards the kids, who were currently hugging each other.

"Hey... is this man your...?" Tanjiro started.

Shoichi, the older brother shook his head and shakingly said "I-It's not brother- brother's wearing a persimmon-colored kimono."

'I see, so it's captured more than one person.' Tanjiro thought.

Tanjiro placed the body he was holding down to the ground. 'I promise to bury you when I return.'

On the next episode-
You guys will be fighting tsuzumi guy yeyy. Did i leave y'all on a cliffhanger? Yes, yes i did. *inserts innocent smiley face*

ANYWAY STAY TUNED TBH IM JUST LAZY TO CONTINUE BUT I DONT WANNA LET Y'ALL WAIT TOO LONG TOO SO HERE TAKE THIS.
<33
BABAI