Fighting and The Freezing cold

Cinderblaze

Smack! Cynthia staggered back, pressing her hand to her now injured jaw. Isa and Hannah grinned smugly, they were ganging up on Cynthia outside in the snow, where they knew her right leg wouldn't be as good as usual. Cynthia turned her head to the side and spat out a glob of blood, blood trickling down to her chin. She scowled, "What the heck was that for?"

"That was for putting me in a trashcan!" Hannah replied with a sneer.

"I've been wanting to do it for years." Isa shrugged in response. Cynthia growled, blue eyes furious and annoyed.

"Don't make me retaliate." She growls furiously. "This is a battle you won't win."

They didn't listen. Moments later Hannah was out cold in the snow while Cynthia and Isa were exchanging blows, Cynthia being pinned to the ground, obviously reluctant to throw her off and hurt her.

"You're weak Cynthia," Isa hissed fearlessly as she punched her again, "A Wimp."

Cynthia finally snapped with an enraged yell she violently threw Isa off into the snow before tackling her to the ground and snapping her arm back to beat the crap out of her, her teeth bared with blood glinting on it from the multiple punches and splits in her lips. Isa yelped in fear and squeezed her eyes shut waiting for the blow, that was before strong arms wrapped around Cynthia's waist and hauled her backward while Fin helped up his sister. Cynthia thrashed in her captor's grip, struggling to get free, blue eyes locked on Isa, glinting with terrifying rage and anger. "I'm not a wimp!" She yelled at her, struggling, "I'm not weak! I'm strong!" Her voice was filled to brim with rage and fury, "I'm not a wimp!" She roared her right leg like a dead weight, the metal, and artificial stuff too cold to work. "I'm no wimp!"

Leon came running over, kicking up snow as he went, just as Cynthia broke free and attempted to run after Isa and Fin but fell face first into the snow, Leon caught her under the arms, "Cindy calm down," He looked up at Ben who'd been holding her back, "What happened?"

"I'm not sure, but I think Isa and Hanah were ganging up on her."

Cynthia struggled against Leon pushing him away and wobbly getting to her feet, blue eyes flashing as she half stumbled half staggered towards Isa, "I'm not letting you have him!"

At once Leon knew what had happened, the blood on the snow, Hannah out cold in the snow, Cynthia looking like she was out for blood, Isa cowering beside her brother. "Crap! Crap, crap! Cyndy come here!" He raced after her and reached her as she pulled her arm back to punch Fin who was protecting his sister. But then Cynthia's arm dropped and she fell into the snow, laying motionless in the thick wet snow. Leon rushed over and checked her pulse before pulling up the leg of her jeans and touching her right leg before yelping and putting his fingers in his mouth to warm them up, her leg was freezing, feeling like dry ice. He heard Fin comforting his sister, Isa shaking slightly. Leon carefully picked Cynthia up bridle style, her arm hanging down head tilted back. He looked at her eyes to find them glazed over and partially open, "It's ok Cyn, it's ok, I'm not going to let you die." He stood up, "Someone go take Hannah and Isa, I'm taking Cynthia to the nurse's office."

A smaller boy asked quietly, "What's wrong with her?"

"Her blood is freezing." Leon replied before running towards the nurse's office, "Aunt Leah! Jay! It's like you told me! Her leg is like dry ice!"

Leah and Jay rushed over from where they were helping a few kids. "Put her down in a hospital bed, Jay, go get as many heating pads as you can find." Jay rushed off and Leon carefully put Cynthia down on her back. Leah then pulled up the leg of Cynthia's jeans, the skin a pale color, frost covering her leg. Cynthia's face was quickly going pale. Isa and Fin came in a minute later when Jay was laying heating pads on Cynthia's leg, the girl was shivering violently, mostly unconscious but shivering like a leaf.

"She's not warming up fast enough," Leah whispered, looking at the girl. Leon pulled off his jacket, hoodie, gloves, and even his shirt, before laying next to Cynthia and drawing her body against his, his arms around her body, she was still shivering and Leon nearly jerked back at the temperature but didn't move away watching her carefully. "Jay, find more heating pads." Jay rushed off again. Isa was staring at Leon's back, blue eyes fixed on him and not the freezing girl next to him.

"She's still not warming up fast enough. Help me Leon." She and Leon made Cynthia sit up, lucky for them Cynthia almost always wore a tank top under her shirt and they pulled the wet shirt and jacket over the girl's head, who's blue eyes were open but mostly unseeing, her reactions extremely slow. Leah quickly mostly towel dried Cynthia's hair and they had Cynthia lay back with Leon, the loss of layers allowing her to be dry and closer to Leon's body heat.

After ten minutes Cynthia's shivering eased slightly but the heating pads were getting cold. Leah sighed and pulled out a bunch of blankets, putting them on the edge she and Leon made Cynthia turn over and carefully sandwiched her right leg in between Leon's legs who flinched and the freezing temperature. Leah then covered them with blankets, enough to make Leon start sweating while Cynthia didn't move, her head pressed against his neck, her forehead shining with fevered sweat.

Leon had dozed off hours ago and was startled awake by small movement, he opened his eyes to see Cynthia fully opening hers and slowly wiggling her fingers, blue eyes dazed and confused. "Back from the dead eh Cindy?"

"W-what?" She spoke slowly in a raspy tone like her vocal cords weren't exactly working.

"Well I think you're vocal chords aren't completely dethawed yet. Go back to sleep Cyn, I'm not going anywhere." Leon told his friend who obeyed and slipped asleep once again. He didn't want to even think about his friend not surviving the freezing of her blood, she was his best friend, always has been and always will be his favorite person.