The Story Of The HoloWatch

"Jay," Bree rolled her eyes as she looked at her husband who was pretending to lose the pillow war he was having with their daughter Catie, "it is past eight thirty, can you please quit fooling around and put her to bed?" She sighed, while she loved watching Jay get out of his grumpiness and play around childishly with their daughter, she didn't want to deal with a grouchy seven-year-old while Jay was gone at work tomorrow.

Jay gave a grunt of annoyance, "ugh, fine." He mumbled and scooped up Catie before he gave Bree a kiss on the cheek and started trudging back to Catie's room. "Bedtime Butterfly," he told the young child as he placed her down on her bed, "If you don't then the tickle monster will come!" He grouched with a slight playful tone in his voice as he wiggled his fingers.

Catie giggled, "No! I'm not tired!"

Jay cracked a smile and started tickling her, "then the tickle monster is going to tickle you!"

Catie burst out laughing and rolled away from her father's hold before gripping one of his wrists. Her laughter faded as Jay stopped tickling her and as she looked at the old, battered and beat up, HoloWatch. "Daddy?" She asked as Jay tucked her into her fluffy blankets, "Tell me a story, please?"

Jay mock groaned and plopped down on the floor next to the bed, leaning back against the wall behind him. "What story Catie?"

"Tell me the story of that!" Catie smiled and pointed at his old HoloWatch.

Jay looked at the watch and his eyes softened, "alright, but you better go to sleep right after or your mother will kill us both."

Catie giggled and nodded vigorously.

Jay unbuckled the holowatch from around his wrist and handed it to his daughter. "Alright, the first thing you need to know is that Mom and I weren't together yet, and I was engaged with a completely different girl."

Catie gasped and her icy blue eyes widened to dinner plates, "you were getting married to someone who's not mama?"

Jay nodded with a faint smile at his daughter's wide eyes and stunned expression, "yes, I was engaged to a lovely girl named Hadara, but of course, your mother was my best friend at the time and still is. At the time I thought that Hadara was perfect for me, quiet, gentle tempered, and logical-"

"What about mama?"

"Your mother was my best friend, she was and still is very beautiful, funny, excitable -which she rubbed on on you with-" Jay bopped his daughter on the nose and continued, "darn near perfect, and a brilliant inventor. If only I hadn't been blind for so many years."

"But you're not blind now!" Catie smiled at her father, "and you married mama and had me and Cody!"

Jay cracked another smile, "yes, I did marry your mother and we now have you two bundles or craziness. But that's not what this story is about, this story is about the holowatch and how I got it." He settled into a more comfortable position. "It all started with the rush to plan everything for the wedding which was a mere month and a half away. I thought it was going to be a very casual and normal every day wedding, but little did I know that Hadara's ex. Fiancé would show up and highjack the entire thing-"

"Wait," Catie cut her father off, "who's the ex. Fiancé?" She stumbled over the last word.

Jay sighed, sightly annoyed at the interruption of his storytelling. "Jackson, his name was Jackson, and I still don't particularly like him. Anyway, everything started going downhill when I met Jackson..."

Jay narrowed his baby blue eyes, "I'm Jay, Hadara's fiance." He introduced himself to the other man his age who looked remarkably like him.