Don't let me Fall!

"I'm stuck!" Mike yelled down to his friends, "I can't get back down!"

"What're we going to do now?" Brendon sighed, craning his neck to look up at the eighteen-year-old boy who was afraid of heights and was now stuck in the huge maple tree.

Cynthia sighed and jogged over to the tree before jumping up and heaving herself up onto the lowest branch, "I'll go fetch him."

"Be careful Cindy!" Haliah yelled to her sister worried about her falling out of the tree again.

"I am!" 'I hate climbing trees.' Cynthia called back and thought as she worked on climbing to the boy who was at least seventy-five feet up in the tree. A few years ago she had fallen from a tree at summer camp and ended up breaking her right leg, scaring her for life, this was the sixth time she had climbed a tree since then, and never this high. As she neared her friend she became cautious and careful, making sure wherever she put her feet was a safe and sturdy place. Starting to lead him back down they got to about fifty feet before Mike slipped and she pulled him back up onto the branch.

Then, with a startled howl her feet slipped out from underneath her and she plummeted, the hood of her hoodie flapping in the wind. Haliah screamed and covered her face with her hands, peeking between her fingers. Cynthia fell about thirty feet before she was jerked to a stop, her hood was caught on a decently sized branch. Swinging slightly from her momentum she yelped in terror, kicking her legs and looking for a branch she could get back on. "Holy Starclan!" She shrieked, using her hands to grip the branch her hood was caught on in terror. "Get me down from here!" She yelled, "I'm going to fall again!"

Brendan rushed to be standing under her, "Let go! I'll catch you!"

"If you touch me, Brendon!" Cynthia shrieked, "I'll kick your butt into next week!" the sleeves of her hoodie pulled up over her hands as she hung by her hood, the jacket itself riding up to her ribs as she jerked farther down at a small tearing noise. "And stop staring at me!" She kicked violently but didn't release the branch to adjust her shirt which was riding up with the jacket, "Get me down from here!" Her voice was hysteric as she hung about twenty feet from the ground.

"What do you want us to do?!" Brendon asked, adverting his eyes and staring at the ground, "You won't let me catch you so what should we do?"

"I don't care! Get me down from here! I don't want to fall again!"

"Then let go!"

"I don't want you touching me!" She shrieked hysterically, "I'd rather fall than have you catch me! I don't trust you as far as I can throw you!"

"Cyn!" Haliah came running back with Leon on her heels, "I'll catch you!" Cynthia's boyfriend yelled, looking up at her, "I promise!"

"I don't want to fall again!"

"I won't let you get hurt!" He yelled back, standing beneath her on the ground, craning his neck to look up at her, "I promise!"

Cynthia dropped further as the hood tore some more and she yelped, her fingers slipping away from the branch, "Don't let me... FALL!" Her hood tore when she was saying the last word and she plummeted the last twenty feet, black hair billowing above her and landing like Leon told her she would, on top of him. But her weight and momentum were more than expected, and that sent them both to the sand and dirt mixed earth, sending up a cloud of earthy sand. Haliah rushed over, kicking up dirt as she went, the dust cloud cleared to reveal Leon flat on his back with Cynthia sprawled on top of him, her nose scrunched against his shoulder, her body flat on top of him at a diagonal angle.

"Ugh..." Leon groaned, dazed from the fall. He lifted his head to look at the girl sprawled on top of him, "You ok?"

"I'll let you know when my heart starts again," Cynthia replied in a high pitched and shaky voice.

"You do that." He put his head back down and groaned once again, "That hurt more than I thought it would. You're heavier than I thought."

"Look who's talking fatso," Cynthia replied snidely.

"I deserved that." He winced, "you're not fat Cyn, you're only heavy because you have more muscle than most girls do." He told her, and noticed the piercing pain in his ribcage, "While I wouldn't mind this position normally, my ribs feel like they're being crushed."

Haliah helped her sister off him, Cynthia was trembling from head to toe, blue eyes wide with fear. "Are you ok Cindy?" Her sister asked her worriedly, "You're not hurt are you?" Brendon was up fetching his scared of heights brother at the moment.

"N-no." Cynthia stammered, looking worse for wear and terrified but mostly unharmed. "H-had the l-life scared out of m-me th-though."

"I'm sure you did." She hugged her sister tightly as Leon got up to his feet, wheezing slightly.

He pulled his girlfriend away from her sister and hugged her, kissing her crown, and holding her tightly as she shook in fear, he could almost hear her heart beating at a hundred miles an hour, he could feel her pulse from where she had her head pressed against his shoulder, her neck against his, and he could feel her accelerated pulse rate. Scooping her up in his arms he started back to the cabins. "Where're you going?" Haliah asked him worried about her sister.

"To her cabin room where she can be treated for shock and settle down from her fear." He replied over his shoulder, continuing his way to the cabins, Cynthia clutching his shirt with both hands, blue eyes squeezed shut.

:) :) :)

Cynthia was asleep now and had been for the past two hours, stretched out on her stomach, her head tucked under Leon's chin, who was sleeping as well. With that much danger today, both of them were done for the day, Despite it only being seven in the evening they were out, asleep and dead to the world, clothed in pj's and had been too lazy to move the blankets.

Holly walked in and refrained from rolling her eyes and waking them up. instead, choosing to pull up the few blankets and tuck the sleeping couple in, figuring her friend was stressed out enough without her waking her up to reprimand her. When neither of them moved she knew they were super tired, usually Leon was a light sleeper, Cynthia could sleep like the dead when she was exhausted, but Leon was rarely a deep sleeper, being too fidgety to stay asleep for a while.

In fact, he was almost as bad as Bree was, who was such an active sleeper that unless you were Jay -who knew how to avoid her movements- or didn't mind being either squished, cuddled or accidentally hit, you wouldn't get in a single ounce of sleep. "Night you two," She sighed, resigning to the idea of crashing in her other brother's cabin room where Leon's bed was now vacant.