Initials

*One month later*

Sam was in the back doing inventory when he heard some loud noise coming from somewhere in the bunker. 

Sam ran to Dean's room when he got closer he heard more screaming and more stuff hitting the floor. Sam ran to the door and opened it seeing Dean standing in a room filled with broken items. 

"Dean?" Sam asked walking in a little bit. Dean didn't say anything before walking past Sam and out of his destroyed room. He walked past Jack who was in the kitchen and then out the door of the bunker.

---

*a couple of days later*

"Hey Sam," Jack said from a table in the library. "Hey," Sam said sitting next to Jack. "You ok?" Jack asked putting his attention on Sam.

"Uh ya man, ya. How are you doing?" Sam asked rudding his face. "I'm doing ok," Jack answered reluctantly.

"You sure? I mean this can't be easy on you," Sam said getting up to get a drink. "What?" Jack asked confused following Sam with his eyes.

Sam turned around and gave Jack a confused look. "Cas being gone, he was basically your dad," Sam said walking back over to the table.

"Oh," Jack said with a confused look "Right..." he looked down at the initials on the table. "He will be back right?" Jack asked looking up at Sam.

"Of course," Sam paused giving Jack a sad smile. "We will get him back," Sam said sipping his drink. "Sam?" Jack asked tracing the initials on the table.

"Where is Dean?" He asked still not leaving the initials. "He's in his room," Sam said also looking at the initials. "He never comes out anymore," Jack said in a sad tone.

"I know," Sam said getting up patting Jack on the shoulder and leaving the room.

---

*two weeks later*

Dean was on his bed looking at the ceiling when he heard a knock on the door. Dean sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Ya?" Dean said looking at the door.

"Dean?" Jack asked as he peaked his head in. "Oh hey Jack," Dean said getting up and walking to the door. "What's up?" He asked.

"I uh, me and Sam are going to get food and check out a case, you wanna come?" Jack asked opening the door a little more. "No, I'm good," Dean said holding the door now.

"Are you sure?" Jack asked with his eyebrows furrowed. "Ya really, I'm good," Dean said with a light smile. "Ok," Jack said as he closed the door.

Dean waited till he heard the bunker door close then went out into the kitchen. He grazed his fingertips on the countertop looking at the ceiling.

He continued to walk when his fingers hit something other than the countertop. He looked down and found a sticky note in Sam's handwriting.

"Hey Dean you are worrying me, man, not only did you deny food but a hunt? That's not you. Anyway, we should be back in a couple of days, I'll keep you updated." -Sam

Dean picked up the note then set it back down. He continued walking when his eyes found the clock. 2:35 am. He sighed and continued walking until he was in the library.

He poured himself a drink then sat down at a table. Dean leaned forward examining the initials on the table. He traced his fingers over Sams when images of that night went through his head.