Dean Winchester is gonna kill me

*A couple of months later*

Sam was in his room reading something about...something. He had just gotten up and after a little reading decided to take a shower. A couple of minutes later when Sam got out he heard a weird noise.

 Sam had one hand holding a towel around his waist and the other pushing his hair behind his ear with a confused look. "Dean?" Sam yelled behind the closed door. Sam quickly got dresses then grabbed his gun from under the sink.

Always gotta be prepared you know? Sam quietly opened the door and pointed the gun at a figure standing in his room. He eased his facial features and lowered his gun. "God Cas," Sam said with a breath of relaxation. "I'm not the lord however I am his angel." He said with a bland expression.

Sam had been seeing him for a while, he comes to visit. "How's Dean?" Cas asked immediately. Sam put his gun away before he answered. "Not great," Sam said with a sigh. "Still in his room?" Cas questioned as he sat on Sam's bed. "I don't blame him. This has been really hard on him,"

Sam sad sitting at his desk. "I know," Cas said with a quilt filled voice. He wanted to see him he really did, but he can't. The way Cas feels just being in the same place as Dean is too much. Cas is like a beacon and every time Dean is near Cas shines sending a signal to The Empty.

Castiel didn't want Dean to witness his death. He wishes Dean didn't even know about the deal. "I wish he didn't know," Cas muttered. "I know," Sam said. "I wish I could have just shown up one day and said that I was returning to heaven."

"Or say It's my time to move on to my next quest," Cas said quietly his blue eye feeling sore. "That would have broken him...and you," Sam said in a reassuring voice trying to make Cas feel better. Cas felt Dean around...his longing. Cas knew he should go but he figured Dean was asleep, dreaming of the better days. 

It's funny to think that betters days to Winchester's was when their mom died. It's not like they were better days...but simpler days. Castiel thought. Now they fight God and have lost everything. If Cas was paying attention he would have heard the footsteps. 

"Hey, Sam I'm gonna make pancakes you want some?" Dean asked walking into the room not paying attention to his surroundings. Dean looked up and saw the angel and his brother sitting across from each other. He froze. Cas sat with his eyes closed wishing he had wings. 

Dean walked in the room a little more, hands clenched at his sides. "C- *he swallowed* Cas?" he finally got out. Cas took a deep breath before standing up wiping his sweaty hands on his trench coat. He finally turned around to face Dean. 

Green met blue. Cas didn't say anything, he just looked at Dean. Sam was now standing behind Cas waiting for what was about to go down. "Well say something!" Dean said in an aggressive tone. "You're mad,"  Cas said blankly. "Damn right I'm mad!" Dean yelled.

"You know I tried to see you again," Dean started. "I went back and I tried to find you," Dean said walking closer pointing at Cas. "I went to that scrawny little deck dude and I asked him where you were! Do you know what he said? He said you left and he said you told him to tell me you were sorry," Dean said his voice becoming rough. 

Dean was right in front of Cas now. "I thought you go taken," Dean said voice barely a whisper finger on Castiel's chest. He pushed his finger into Cas a little bit then dropped his hand dragging it before leaving Castiel's body. 

"Dean," Sam interrupted. "You knew he was here and you didn't even tell me," Dean said. Sam didn't know what to say. "Dean I told him not to tell you," Cas said sighing. Dean brought his eyes back to Cas. "What?" Dean asked. 

"I didn't want you to know because I was worried about you. I want to make sure you haven't been blaming yourself for this so I had to go to Sam I couldn't see you," Cas explained. "Wait how long have you been coming here?" Dean asked furrowing his brows.