Goodbyes

"'Talk to me'" he would say..."

---

Sam looked at Dean with confusion? Anger? Sadness? He felt chills run through his body before exiting the room. He walked through the bunker. Dean and Jack stood in Dean's room not knowing what to do next. Sam went outside slamming the bunker door on the way out. Dean flinched as the sound echoed through the bunker. "Dean?" Jack asked.

Dean looked at Jack, "Listen, kid, I took your dad away from you. That is something no one should go through. I will never forgive myself if I don't do something about it. I have to do this." Dean explained to Jack. "You are basically my dad Dean," Jack said. "Even if I am your "kinda dad" I'm not a very good one," Dean said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You showed me how to drive. You showed me how to fish. You showed me how important family is," Jack said walking closer to Dean. "We all know how much Cas means to you and I don't think anyone can convince you otherwise so all I'm gonna say is," Jack looked Dean in the eyes and took a deep breath. "I love you. Good luck," Jack finished before hugging Dean.

Dean patted Jack back then let go. "I'll bring him back ok? Cya kid," He said before walking out to find Sam. Jack watched as Dean left and sat slowly on Dean's bed. He shakily took in a breath. He looked around Dean's room. He got up and stood in the doorway before turning back around. He turned off the light and closed the door.

---

"What are you insane!" Sam yelled. "What else are we supposed to do!" Dean yelled back. They were outside away from Jack's ears. It was cold but warm at the same time with a nice little breeze. Sam was fighting to let any tears fall. "You are really gonna kill yourself to save Cas?" Sam asked angrily. "And you wouldn't do the same for me?" Dean asked trying not to get mad.

He knows this has to be hard on Sam. No matter how much Sam loved Cas, he will always love Dean more. They are family. It's been Sam and Dean for as long as they can remember. *There ain't no me if there ain't no you!* Dean's words went through Sam's mind as he thought about losing his brother. He looked down at his feet.

"There ain't not me if there ain't no you," Sam said quietly. "Don't turn my words back around on me," Dean said shaking his head. "You know its true," Sam said not looking up. "Sammy please," Dean said eyes filling with tears. A couple of tears rolled down Sam's face. He looked up at Dean before hugging him. "I'm not saying don't do it. I just don't want you to leave again," Sam said still hugging Dean.

"You never know, maybe I will come back one day," Dean said with a sad smile. Sam let go  and Dean patted Sam's shoulder. Sam lightly smiled."I know he means a lot to you," Sam said looking at Dean. Dean looked down trying to hide his smile. How is it that little siblings seem to know everything you don't want them to know, Dean thought. 

"I'm gonna miss you man," Sam said. "I would be worried if you didn't," Dean said looking up at Sam. "You know it bugs the hell out of me that I have to look up to make eye contact with you," Dean said. Sam smiled and scoffed. "I would tell you don't die but," Sam said. Dean shook his head. "Bitch," he said looking at his brother again. "Jerk," Sam said looking at his shoes. Dean reached into his jack and pulled out an angel blade. 

Sam took a deep breath looking at the blade. Dean looked at it before flipping it around the handle facing Sam before extended his arm. "No I can't do that," Sam said backing away from a little. "Sam," Dean said lowering his arm. "Please," Dean said. "No Dean I'm not gonna kill you," Sam said offended that Dean would even think Sam could kill him. 

"What kind of Winchester would I be if I didn't cause you more trama?" Dean said with a smile trying not to make Sam sadder. Sam scoffed. He looked at the blade and Dean nudged it toward him more before he looked at Dean and shook his head. Dean rolled his eyes and twisted Sam's hand, putting the blade in it. "Sammy, please," Dean said squeezing his brother's hand around the blade.