Prologue

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B bound to Dipolog. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

Right when the pre-boarding announcement of my flight ended, I immediately exited from the game that I was playing. I put it inside my sling bag and prepared my boarding pass and my ID. A few minutes later, I boarded on the plane and comfortably sat on the business class as what the company booked me for.

I'm off for a company conference in Mindanao as a representative of the company that I'm working in. I'm currently an Accounting Manager in one of the known banks in the country, DZ Banks under DZ Group of Companies.

Since the plane is still waiting for the other passengers, I got my phone from my bag and resumed the game that I exited earlier. This is my favorite game, to the point that it became my stress-reliever and my happy pill.

It's called LaVille and it's being the boss in your own town. You can choose your profession in here and with that profession, you can be able to manage a town and it's like you're being their mayor or so. I just like it so much because it is somehow making my dream come true. I'm also an Accountant here and my town is full of banks and big stores since my profession is all about finance, money, businesses, etc.

I collected the money from the banks and kept on building a state to manage my town. But even if I'm fond to this game, I'm still a mature person and not a childish one.

"Do you love the game?"

Muntikan na akong napatalon sa inuupuan ko nang biglang magsalita ang katabi ko. Agad akong napatingin sa kanya at medyo nanliit ang mga mata ko dahil parang pamilyar siya.

"Ah y-yes." Nauutal kong sabi. "It's very cute and it's comforting me though."

I know don't talk to strangers, but he just look so familiar that made me think if I saw him before. Yet,he is so good-looking with his beige sweater and manly eyeglass which maybe he's a celebrity or what because he got the appearance though.

"Hindi ba medyo pangbata para sa'yo?" Tanong niya.

"Hindi naman. It's fun." I exclaimed with a little excitement.

"It suits your character." He said and I shaked my head and lightly smiled as a disagreement.

"It's a complete opposite." I smiled.

"How about you?" I asked him. "Do you play the game? I bet, you know this game. It's kinda popular." As far as I could remember, this is the first time that I get to talk to a person about this game.

"I know the game and I once played it, but I have so many things to do so I don't have the time for playing. But I like it." He simply said.

"You should not just like it, you should love it. Actually it's my stress reliever, and as you have said you had a lot of things to do and I'm sure it's kinda stressful so why not play the game." I encouraged him.

I know I'm being nosy here knowing that I'm talking to a stranger, but he felt like not a stranger to me though. Ewan ko ba kung palagi akong nakakalimot ng tao, for sure nakita ko na talaga 'to siya eh.

"I rather play action games. That'll be too girly for me." He shrugged.

"Ikaw bahala. Pero kung ako sa'yo, mas nakakatanggal ng stress ang mga kalmadong laro, gaya nito. Kung mga action games, mas masstress ka sa mga kalaban mo eh, dito oras lang ang katapat." Nag-kibit balikat rin ako at tumawa siya ng mahina.