Chapter 4

"We will be having our monthly meeting tomorrow afternoon and all managers are required to join, especially on your case since you need to present the monthly budget and the estimated budget for next month." Miss Cohn said when she requested me on her office.

"I'm sure you already know what to present later right?" She added.

"Yes po." I confidently said. Good thing I already prepared a financial statement for the budget of this month right after I finished my work with all of the papers that will due before the month ends.

"Okay great." She told me. "Just meet me here before the clock strikes 1 tomorrow. I need to review your presentation first."

"Okay po Ma'am." I smiled at her.

"You may go now." She said and I bid goodbye as I went out of her office.

Liliko na sana ako para bumalik sa table ko nang bigla kong makasalubong si Uriel. Pareho kaming nagulat nang muntikan na kaming magkabanggaan. Buti nalang at napahinto kaming dalawa ng sabay. Bahagya siyang yumuko at ganun rin ang ginawa ko at aakmang lalagpasan na siya, ngunit muli kaming napatigil dalawa nang muntikan na kaming magbanggaan ulit dahil aakma kaming dadaan sa parehong direksyon.

"Dito na ako dadaan." Sabay naming sabi habang nakaturo sa parehong direksyon ulit. Wala sa huwisyo kaming napahalakhak ng bahagya dahil sa ginawa namin.

"You go first Ma'am." He bowed again and made way so that I could passed him. I just nodded and smiled then walked into the direction he lend me.

Hindi pa ako nakakalayo sa kanya nang muli ko siyang nilingon at nakitang napailing siya habang nakakamot sa batok at nagsimula na ring maglakad. Napailing rin ako nang maalala ang nangyari at tuwid na tinahak ang mesa ko.

Agad kong hiningi ang general ledgers sa mga accountants at agad naman nila itong binigay bago ang tanghalian. Inayos ko agad ang financial statements upang makita ko kung saan nagamit ang pundo na inilaan sa buwan na ito. Ganun rin ang ginawa ko upang makuha ang estimated monthly budget for the next month. Buong araw kong inayos ang mga financial statements at ang presentation ng budget bukas with also the help of the employees on the department.

Kinabukasan, I wore my white long sleeve blouse paired with my khaki trousers and a white close-toed 3-inch heels. I applied a light makeup on my face and I put my hair on a loose ponytail because it's still wet and I need to go to work now. When I arrived at the office, I review my works and finished the presentation.

"Miss Rei," agad akong napatingin kay Alyana nang bigla siyang lumitaw sa harap ko. "Ito na po yung hinihingi niyong tax schedules."

"Oh okay, thank you." Ani ko at tinanggap ang folder na inilahad niya.

Agad naman siyang bumalik sa kanyang cubicle habang nagpatuloy naman ako sa ginagawa ko. I'll be needing the tax schedules for the budget report tho.

Just like what Miss Cohn told me, I went inside her office before the clock strikes 1 and showed her both of the soft and hard copies of the presentation which covers the financial statements.

"I'm not wondering anymore how you got promoted in such a young age." She said while reviewing the soft copy of the presentation. "Because, presentation pa lang billion thumbs up na. It was organize, detailed and concrete. Good job Ms. Raimondi."

I bowed and smiled. "Thank you po ma'am. I'll keep up the good work."

"You should." She smiled at me, still looking at her laptop.

"Now," she suddenly looked at me, "usually presenting the financial statement is the last agenda. So, let's just chill and be attentive."

I nodded then she stood up and said that we will now proceed at the conference room located at the 10th floor of this 20-storey building. May ilan siyang sinasabi sa akin habang nasa loob kami ng elevator, at nang papasok na kami sa conference room na parang grand hall ang lawak, tahimik kaming naghihintay sa CEO. Patuloy na tahimik ang buong paligid hanggang sa dumating na si Sir Darxon, the one and only CEO, at umupo sa kanyang upuan na nasa dulo ng conference room.