Chapter 27

"I was supposed to surprise you but ended up being surprised by you." He stated.

Ginising niya ako para pakainin ng hapunan. Nag-order siya ng pagkain para sa aming dalawa. Nagdadalawang-isip pa nga siya na gisingin ako dahil baka raw maiinis ako, pero dahil alas otso na, ginising nga niya ako.

"How did you get inside my unit?" I asked in surprise after seeing him beside me earlier, when I locked the door last night.

"I picked the lock."

"You what?!" My eyes widened. "Sinira mo ang pinto ko?"

"I don't have a choice. Dumaan ako sa accounting department kanina as soon as I arrived in the office just to see you but you weren't there. Tinanong ko kay Miss Cohn kung asan ka tapos sabi niya absent ka raw kasi nanghihina ka dahil sa taas ng lagnat mo." Paliwanag niya.

"How did you picked my lock?" May halong gulat ko pa ring tanong.

"I have guys with me." He chuckled and I instantly drifted my gaze to the door knob, but it's all fixed now.

"And he also fixed it immediately." He added as he follow my gaze.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes."

"You're unbelievable." Tanging sabi ko at napailing na lamang at dumagdag ng pagkain.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko nang bigla siyang tumayo at lumapit sa couch kung saan may mga paper bags dito. Binitbit niya ito lahat at bumalik sa mesa.

"By the way, this is all for you." He suddenly said as he lent me all of the paper bags he's holding.

"Nagwaldas ka na naman para sa akin." Saad ko at nawala ang ngiti niya.

"I already told you, let me be because I want to do it. For you, I want to do it for you." He clarified.

I shook my head. "But everytime you're doing it for me, I felt shame. Para na rin kasing sinasabi ko sa sarili ko na kaya lang ako sumubok sa'yo dahil may makukuha ako. Nakakahiya Darxon."

"It's not like that. It's not that way." He sounded calm, but there's a hint of a small frustration in his voice. "Not unless you're thinking about that, always, everytime, ever since."

"No!" I exclaimed as he tried to accuse me.

"Then why are you thinking that way?"

Hindi ako sumagot at inilihis nalang ang mata ko saka uminom ng tubig na siyang katabi lamang ng plato ko. From my peripheral view, I saw him placing the bags on the empty chair and sat on the chair he occupied earlier. He looked at me, but I prefer to looked down on my plate.

"You know why am I doing this? It's because I want you to feel special. You said you haven't been in love, nor had interest in love and you're just trying. So, I want to make you feel that you're important and giving these gifts to you screams value, that's why I'm doing it."

"But you don't have to." I said, almost a whisper. "All I need is an artist to see my value, not a department store who's going to give me a lot of things just to make me feel as one."

"I understand Erelia." He looked down.

"I don't need gifts, material things and the like. All I want is someone who can see my worth and appreciate me as who I am." I uttered.

He deeply sighed. "I'm sorry if I'm like this. This is my first time winning a girl and my love language is gift giving. I'm sorry."

Oh hell, I just ruined the atmosphere. He even exerted an effort to take a good care of me, leaving all of his works undone.  But all I did was to point his mistake.