Chapter 11 - Gifts

It was nearing the end of the day, you all were set to meet up in a few minutes at the gift store. Of course using Alastors powers you both were instantly there after taking one last look at the otters.

Now at the gift store, you saw Charlie and Vaggie already there along with Niffty saying goodbye to the goat demon you saw earlier.

"How were your dates?" You asked with a smirk.

"Pretty nice," Vaggie says softly as Charlie blushed and leaned her head on her shoulder.

"Niffty?" The redhead sighs and hands over a file to Alastor who takes it. "Fully signed? Resume included?"

"And death certificate," The 50s gal says proudly.

"Seriously?" As Alastor read through the folder, which obviously contained information on the goat demon, you took it off him and handed it to Niffty. "If you think he's a good guy then I approve,"

"No, wait a moment-" you nudge Alastors side causing a quick surge of static to fill the room. "Fine, I approve," the energetic demon squeals and hugs you both, bringing you two closer.

"How was your date?" Choking on your words you turn to Charlie and Vaggie who had suggestive looks.

"Date? We didn't go on a date!" You push away Alastor and fold your arms. "I don't go on 'dates', pfft that's for children," you rambled on to the amusement of the group until Husk and Angel met up. "Those two were on a date!"

"What??"

"Damn right," Angel and Husks voices clashed different answers causing the cat demon to glare and the spider to lean down suggestively.

"Fuck off," he pushes away the pornstars face and walks to the gift store.

"You all have a little while to get gifts then we go home, ok?" They all nod and walk in after you. Wandering down the overly priced aisles you scoff at the $20 key chain and the $130 seal plush.

The rest also realised the prices were a bit far fetched but some did buy cute Knick knacks that were in the price range. Alastor, for one, moved away from the toys and to the jewellery section. He admired the pearl necklaces and sea glass rings; though one thing seemed to catch his eye, it was a silver sea otter pendant.

"Two hundred dollars," the penguin demon in a Hawaiian shirt states.

"Two hundred? Well that won't do!" Alastor stares down at the pendant behind glass and looks up at the rack of shell necklaces behind the clerk all priced at $70. Using a quick swipe of his hand the rack shattered and the necklaces came tumbling down.

"Fuck!" The penguin clambered off his chair and started to pick up the accessories, not noticing Alastor creating a portal into the glass and snatching the pendant.

"Hope all goes well for you, my fellow!" Walking away from the scene the Radio conjures a f/c velvet box and places the necklace inside. "Lovely," he places it in a small bag and goes to the exit where almost everyone was.

~~~

Now at the hotel everyone happily chatters about what they saw. The couple went ahead to go put things away as Niffty ran to make dinner. As you bid Vince goodbye you noticed Husk pull Angel to the side.

"Uh... you said you like angel fish so uhm... I got you this," Husk shoves an angel fish plush into the spiders hand. "But don't think anything of it, I just had extra cash and shit," he quickly adds.

"I love it," Angel awes at the cute white and pink plush. "Thank you, Husk,"

"Eh, No problem," Angel kisses the cat demon on the cheek before pushing Fat Nuggets stroller into the hotel. It took a while before the grumpy cat was snapped out of his shock, that was obviously after he caught you staring with a giddy grin.

Closing the main hotel door behind you, you went straight to your room for a much needed shower. Unlocking your door you turn on the lights and sling your bag onto your bed. Walking to your wardrobe you catch sight of a box and book on your desk along with a note.

Dread filled your stomach along with suspicion which wasn't unusual. Taking out your knife you poke at the box, listening in for any ticking noises. But nothing happened so you took the note cautiously and read over it.

Dearest Y/n,

It seemed you forgot your book in the library so I would like to return that, I did quite enjoy the first few pages so it was a good choice. As for the box I hope you accept, I did find it in the gift store and thought it fit for you.

Sincerely, Alastor

You widened your eyes and read over the note many times before looking at the velvet box. Tracing your hand over the edges you pulled it open and set eyes upon a beautiful silver otter pendant, taking the necklace in your hand you notice a strip of photos accompanied with the accessory.

The three pictures were that of today's photo booth conundrum. Giving a soft smile at the last photo along with a light blush you turned to your vanity and placed on the necklace. Fixing it up a bit you tilt your smile slightly in admiration.

Walking back to the desk you grab the book and photo and place it in your bed side table before going for a shower.

~~~

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Awwwwwwwwwwww

- Anna ❤️