Chapter 20 - Propose

Tonight was the last night of the trip. Instead of staying around in the same spot all night, Cal decided it was best to head back; have a nice spectacular whilst you were at it. Here you were silently walking beside Alastor and Gabriel. Suddenly whispers filled the air.

(I recommend listening to the sound first then read the rest of this because you may not read to the beat of the song... but I do hope you enjoy!!!!)

"Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for," Alastors shadows appear from behind thick trunks trees to say harmonious woah's. "You've been searchin' in the dark, your sweat soakin' through the floor," the shadows repeated their only instruction as your eyes brightened at the familiar song. "And buried in your bones there's an ache that you can't ignore..." as Alastor took your hand in his, Gabriel turned as everyone looked up from their conversations. "Takin' your breath, stealin' your mind
And all that was real is left behind-"

"Don't fight it, it's comin' for you, runnin' at ya," Gabriel interjected making you quirk a brow in confusion but smile when he continues the song. "It's only this moment, don't care what comes after. Your fever dream, can't you see it gettin' closer? Just surrender 'cause you feel the feelin' takin' over!-"

"It's fire, it's freedom, it's floodin' open! It's a preacher in the pulpit and your blind devotion!" Alastor spun you back into his arms and walked a little faster as you mindlessly followed along admiring the scenery which included Alastors smile. "There's somethin' breakin' at the brick of every wall, It's holdin' all that you know so tell me do you-"

"-wanna go?(!)" Gabriel took a vine that hung nearby and shot you both into the trees. "Where it's covered in all the colored lights! Where the runaways are runnin' the night!" A large swarm of neon butterflies filled the sky as you both swayed in the air. "Impossible comes true, it's takin' over you! Oh, this is the greatest show!! We light it up, we won't come down! And the sun can't stop us now!" He turns your chin upwards so your eyes met his, slowly you both reached the ground, what seemed to be far from the others. "Watchin' it come true, it's takin' over you... Oh, this is the greatest show!"

"Colossal we come these renegades in the ring..." You suddenly appeared by Alastor. "Where the lost get found in the crown of the circus king! Don't fight it, it's comin' for you, runnin' at ya..." you both started to run along the towering wild flowers, each opening up to exude a neon glow. "It's only this moment, don't care what comes after. It's blindin', outshinin' anything that you know... Just surrender 'cause you're callin'-" just as you reached a clearing Gabriel took your hand and spun you around and away from the Radio demon.

"-and you wanna go! Where it's covered in all the colored lights! Where the runaways are runnin' the night!" With a single movement, Gabriel spread his wings and entered the sky with long strokes as you clung on in glee. "Impossible comes true, intoxicatin' you... Oh, this is the greatest show!" He throws you in the air which gives you the chance to spread your own wings. "We light it up, we won't come down. And the sun can't stop us now! Watchin' it come true, it's takin' over you! Oh, this is the greatest show!" Suddenly in a whim you shot down back to the ground with Gabriel chasing you teasingly.

"Where it's covered in all the colored lights!" Alastor picked you up by the the waist the moment you hit the ground. "Where the runaways are runnin' the night! Impossible comes true, it's takin' over you!" After spinning around he placed you down. "Oh, this is the greatest show!"

"We light it up, we won't come down!-" before Gabriel could get a moment with you Alastor took you back.

"And the walls can't stop us now! I'm watchin' it come true, it's takin' over you! Oh, this is the greatest show!" Now at arms length you both spun around and away from the group. "This is the greatest show! This is the greatest show! This is the greatest show!-" suddenly a gush of wind pulled you into a clearing.

"This is the greatest show!" A burst of pollen fills the air as you turn to see Gabriel on one knee.

~~~

Lost for words was what this moment was. Alastor turned to find you, only landing his eyes on the scene which you were stuck in.

"So?"

"So..." was all you could mumble.

"Would you like me to repeat what I said the first time we did this?" Your shock was turned into a frown as you remembered what happened. "No, I know you think what happened... happened, but it didn't. I want you back, I want our wedding at the falls in heaven, I want use together forever,"

"Gabriel-"

"It will take time but I want to call you my wife, I want to have a little version of us two running around chasing butterflies like we did eons ago," he stood back up and took out a single diamond ring which made emotions you had kept locked up for so long flow back out.

"Oh no..." Vaggie looked to Angel and Cal.

"I kept it... the moment you dropped it I picked it up to hopefully find you again and get you back..." he slowly brought the ring to your finger. "So?" Silence was all that was received until your tear stricken eyes looked back at him.

"Yes,"

"Yes??"

"Yes!" Tackling the angel to the ground everyone looked in shock, though Charlie was the only happy one.

"YAY!" The girl celebrates as she takes pictures. "Congrats guys!" Pressing your lips against Gabriel's he holds you tight, his mouth curving into a smirk which Charlie catches... that wasn't a happy smirk... it was a victorious malicious one...

~~~

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

- Anna ❤️