Chapter 15 - Embarrassment and nostalgia

"Ok no hold on!" You point your fork across the table to Gabriel who was stifling his laughs. "I did not have baby wings!"

"Mhm... well, let me tell you one time, when we were kids Y/n tried to fly off after a tantrum but couldn't fly high enough with her bag of stuffed animals!" The table laughs as you bury your head in your hands.

"It was very heavy!"

"Or you had tiny wings~" Gabriel continues to tease.

"You're mean," you grumble as everyone laughs. "Oh stop laughing!" Thinking about embarrassing stories one popped up. Clicking your fingers to reveal a wooden box you flip through a few as they all looked in confusion.

"What's that?"

"Photo box..." after sorting through a few you come across your high school dance, yeah Angels have proms too. Looking down at the photo it was of Gabriel in an oversized and badly coloured yellow and blue suit, his hair slicked back with too much gel. He wore large braces and thick glasses which was the most adorable thing. "Oh Gabriel~" he narrows his eyes at you as you show the photo to the group.

"Dammit, Y/n!" He tries to snatch the photo as everyone bursts into laughter. "That was a bad decade alright?" You hum in sarcastic agreement.

"Do you have photos of Heaven?" Charlie asked hopefully.

"A few yes,"

"Why didn't you show them to me?" Her almost saddened tone makes you sigh guiltily.

"Didn't exactly want to remember... and your dad said no anyways," you quickly add as she looks understandingly. "But I guess you're old enough," you pick out a few photos; one of you and your friends in front of the sunset, one of you at Loo loo world (the original original one Lucifer had made in heaven), then there was one of you and Gabriel in the garden, one of you and Lucifer talking over hot chocolate, plus a few others of you in different terrains on holiday.

"These are beautiful!" The sinners all looked in awe over Charlie's shoulder, though Alastor did stay in his seat, looking from a distance.

"Oh, I remember this!" Gabriel picks up a picture of you both teaching baby angels how to use their wings. "Remember how much Theo clung onto you?"

"And remember how jealous you were when I gave him more attention than you?"

"Damn right I was jealous," The archangel scowls making you giggle. Suddenly it was as if a light bulb went off in Gabriels head which you caught on to.

"Oh no... what is now?" Gabe pops out his seat and behind you making you yelp and fall out of his way. "Dammit!" You rub your head as he snickers and flips through the box of photos, taking out one.

"I knew you'd still have it," He helps you off the ground before Alastor could and settles you back on the chair, him crouching beside you. Looking down to the picture it was of you and him enjoying smores. You made a silly face, stretching out the marshmallow from the snapped pieces of chocolate and cracker, as he kissed your cheek; the warm light from the fire shun on your faces as the bright moon almost faded from between the tall green trees.

"I remember this..."

"Well, I sure hope so," Charlie rushed over with the rest as they laid eyes on the picture.

"What's so important about this photo?" Vaggie asked you specifically though Gabriel answered.

"That was the night I proposed," They all awed as you blushed and looked from the photo. "Oh, the way her eyes lit up! Plus we nearly fell into the fire when she tackled me..."