Chapter 14 - Dilema solution?

"So you got your ex fiancé and an acquaintance to choose from?" You nod. "Your ex supposedly cheated with his close female friend and the other dude is just a sweet heart?"

"Yeah... I know it's an obvious choice but I just... the feeling for my ex is still there??"

"Here's my solution; spend time with both of them, see how it goes," she stands up and dusts off her dress.

"What if they get jealous and fight?"

"Can't stop that, but just think about my solution," you nod and spread your wings as she walks away back to the door. Plucking a few feather (which was very painful) and placing it in a satchel you call her back.

"Here," you toss the satchel to her, which makes her grin when she opens it. "Thank you, Velv,"

"No probs, N/n," she opens the and before she goes she peaks her head around back to you. "Tell Alastor and Gabriel I say hi!"

"How did you-?" But before you could finish the door slams shut leaving you alone. After a moment you chuckle and stand up, spreading your wings and diving down back to the hotel.

~~~

"Hey, sunshine! I'm back-" Charlie runs into the lobby and tackles you.

"Oh thank god you're ok! Wait- are you ok??" Everyone runs into the lobby as usual.

"I'm fine, my sweet, though I am missing a few feathers..." you notice Gabriel standing by Husk who was boozing as usual.

"Wait what?! Why??"

"Talked to Velvet, and gave her some after a lovely conversation... though she did try to pluck some at the beginning... or at least asked to..." you open your left wing and see a bit of blood. "Damn..."

"Oh that's must have hurt,"

"All in the name of company," you say dramatically to Angel who chuckles. After standing up with the help of Vaggie you turn to Gabriel awkwardly. "It's great to have you back, Gabe,"

"It's lovely to see you again, N/n," he opens his arms for a hug which you accept. "We should catch up,"

"Well... you can help me with dinner, Niffty usually helps but you won't mind will you?"

"Nope! Go have fun!" With the surprising amount of strength she held, Niffty pushes you both away.

~~~

"I hope you don't mind me play a song?" Gabriel snaps a record player into existence.

"Depends what it is," you take out the ingredients for dinner.

"Well, it's obviously more modern compared to what we used to dance to back in heaven," he spins a record between his fingers before placing it on the player. Fly me to the moon by Frank Sinatra started to play making your eyes sparkle in familiarity. "You know it?"

"Who doesn't?" You say with a teasing scoff.

"Sing it for me, N/n," he places his hand in yours and spins you around.

"You know I don't sing, Gabe," he pulls your back against his chest, arms wrapped around your waist.

"You used to love singing for me, my love," he mumbles, placing his head on your shoulder. Rolling your eyes in an attempt to decrease the blush you start to hum the song.

"Fill my heart with song and let me sing for ever more," you sing softly as he hums to the tune, joining in for the second line.

"You are all I long for all I worship and adore," he spins you out and back in.

"In other words... please be true," he takes your hand and starts a soft sway.

"In other words... I love you," you blush as the song continues to play. Niffty sat on Angels shoulders as Vaggie and Charlie stood on chairs, Alastor standing normally. They all peered into the kitchen through the windows on the two doors.

"Aren't they cute?" Angel says teasingly to Alastor who was emitting more radio static then he'd like to admit.

"Quite adorable," he grits through his teeth.

"She never sings..." they all listen intently through the cracks in the doors. "She always said her voice was horrible,"

"Maybe she was just shy because her voice sounds angelic!" Niffty squeals.

"Very..." Alastor mumbles as he focused on the small smile that played on your lips. "But we won't get dinner at this rate!" The Radio busts down the door making everyone fall in.

"Alastor!" You say in surprise, backing away from Gabriel. "Sorry, we weren't- it wasn't-"

"No need to apologise, my dear, I was just wondering if dinner was going to get started any time soon?" Your blush darkens as you nod.

"Yeah, Sorry," quickly putting on your apron you start dinner. Gabriel rolls his eyes at Alastor who gave a smug grin knowing he ruined the moment. The Radio demon left after a quick goodbye, whistling on his way out.

~~~

Working 9 to 5!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...

- Anna ❤️