VII

"You happy beanpole? you green fucker?" The Lorax growls through Onceler's window.

"You bet." Onceler glares as he sips his coffee.

"Coffees overrated, don't you think?!"

"What do you know, Peanut." Onceler grumbles.

"Hey! There's some emo fucker talking to my fish!" The Lorax yells as he observes the window.

"Your fish?!" Onceler laughs. "Hate to break it to you, but the fish ain't yours."

"Well- y-you know what I mean!!"

Onceler grunts and grabs his coffee cup. He opens the door to his tent, then steps outside.

"It's private property." He states to the person. He sips his coffee and watches.

Tom snickers and stands up. "is that so? then why are you here?" he tilts his head.

"Because I'm allowed to be." He sips his coffee.

"Uh-huh, sure. Is that why the peanut yelled at you?"

"Why are you even here?!" Onceler sighs.

"Well, I came here with the little crowd. That and the animals are quite entertaining."

Onceler rubs his forehead. "If you want a Thneed then you're going to have to wai-"

He cuts him off. "pff-you think? No. Your little thneed isn't my type of thing. if I want a scarf I'll buy one."

The Onceler blinks and sips his coffee.

"Also coffee is shit."

"Do I know you?" Onceler asks, annoyed.

"No, would you like to?"

".." Onceler blinks.

"Uh, sure."

The lorax walks between them. "look lady you look very nice (and like you would start a cult), but I can't have you here, I already have to deal with this asshole!"

"l-lady, but I'm a guy?"

"Peanut! Shut up!" Onceler growls at the Lorax.

"Whoever the hell you are, just ignore this thing. He's probably on his man period or something. He's pissed that I chopped his precious tree down." He sips his coffee.

"I understand the 'being pissed' thing. These trees are beautiful, but then again profit is important."

"Finally." Onceler smirks at the Lorax. "Someone gets it."

"Oh whatever, just go chop another one of my trees down, you seem good at that, you bitch." The Lorax hisses.

"Hm. Jealous?" Onceler raises an eyebrow and finishes his coffee.

"Ew, no. You know what, fuck off"

"You allow a fuzzy peanut to talk to you like that?"

"I don't allow it to do anything." Onceler rolls his eyes.

"Hm, I see. Would you like to accompany me while I walk around this place?"

"Hm? Oh-uh, sure?" Onceler goes inside and throws his coffee cup into the sink, shattering it to pieces. He pays no attention to it and grabs his fedora, then walks back outside.

"Uh, what was your name again?"

"It's Tom- so why do you want to use these trees for your thneed?"

"Because it's soft material. And I'm the Onceler." He says as they walk off.

"Hm, makes sense. interesting name."

"Oh-thanks." Onceler rubs the back of his neck.

"Mhm. So, do you like staying here? it is very beautiful."

"I'm only here for the trees."

"That's the only reason why you're here? I thought it would be something along the lines of 'because of the scenery.'"

Onceler nods. "Well sorry it's not interesting enough for you." He says with an eye roll.

Tom giggles and smiles a bit. "I was only messing with you."

"Right." He gives Tom a small smile, then continues walking.

The lorax glares at the Oncler, "oh, so he'll listen to him, My chemical incorrect, but not the fuzzy peanut. okay!"

Onceler ignores the orange peanut.

"So, what's your plan if you run out of trees?"

Onceler scoffs. "I won't run out of trees. Have you even seen the valley? There's thousands of trees here."

"Honestly, this is the first time I've seen it. I don't get out much."

"That explains a lot." Onceler says with a huff.

Tom smiles and sighs. "Those fish are disturbing though."

"Honestly. And the Lorax says that they aren't."

"Is That what the peanut's name is? I didn't think he had one."

"Neither did I. I only found out because he was harassing me over the tree." Onceler chuckles.

Tom chuckles."You know, for someone trying to chop down a bunch of trees you don't seem that bad. I don't really think it's bad, though the lorax thinks it's the worst."

Onceler's face turns a light shade of pink. "Er-thanks.."

"You're welcome." He smiles and looks up at the sky.

The Onceler sits down against a truffula tree.

Tom looks to the side "What's with the bears, wouldn't they like to try eating the fish??"

"I don't question it." He sighs.

"Well, thank you for the company. I suppose you have to make some thneeds, mr. onceler."

"Er-right right." Onceler nods and stands up. "Will I see you again?" He asks quietly.

Tom smiles and looks at him. "Oh, I could count on it." He smiles and walks off.

Onceler watches as he leaves, then turns to return to his tent.

The lorax stands on his counter. "So, how'd your little date go?"

"Fucking fuck!" The Onceler jumps in surprise. "How the hell do you keep getting in here?!"

The lorax smirks. "That's none of your fucking business, trash can."

"This is my house you oversized peanut!" He growls.

"You didn't answer my question." the lorax tilts his head.

"And if you must know, it wasn't a date. We're just friends, you horny bitch." His cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"Oh please, 'will i see you again?!' admit it you gay green bean!"

"Hmpf! I get tired of talking to you all the time." He crosses his arms and glares at the Lorax.

"Well, newsflash! Your company isn't the best either, you bitch!"

"Anyone is better than you."

"Whatever fuckass!! I'm a fucking joy to be around."

"Get out of my house!" The Onceler grabs a wooden spoon and throws it at the Lorax.

"Ow!!"

"GET OUT!"

"YOU KNOW I CAN'T REACH YOUR FUCKING DOOR!"

Onceler opens the door, glaring at the Lorax. "Get out before I throw a metal spatula at you!"

"I'm going, I'm going!!"

"Thank god." Onceler grumbles as the Lorax left. He slams the door behind him and grabs his guitar. He plops on his bed, then begins strumming it.