VIII

Early the next morning what sounded like giant trucks drove through the valley. The sudden noise made Onceler jump right up, slightly annoyed at the rude awakening.

"Who the fucking fuck-" Onceler walks to the window to see his family's oversized RV. He steps outside and watches with a small scowl on his face as the RV expands.

The lorax grunts. "Oh, wonderful. more people."

Onceler shoots the Lorax a glare, then looks over as he sees his mother approaching him.

"Wow! It's my suddenly successful son!!" she squeals as she squeezes Onceler.

The lorax looked at the onceler's mother, than back at him. "she's scary looking."

The Onceler gasps for air and shoves himself away from his mother, ignoring Lorax. "H-hey guys-" He gives the rest of his family a small wave.

Brett and Chett ignore Onceler, then run off with Pipsqueak. The twins begin throwing him back and forth.

The Onceler's aunt waddles out of the RV. "This place is fucking ugly."

Onceler's mom nods in agreement. "That's why Oncie here will be copping the trees down, huh Oncie-poo?" She says before walking into the RV.

Onceler facepalms and looks between the two of them. God this will be terrible.

The lorax snickers at the nickname, "pff-"

Onceler kicks Lorax to shut him up.

"So who invited the fuzzy peanut."Aunt Grizelda snickers.

The lorax whipped his head around. "You calling me a peanut you oompa loompa!!

"HEY! LETS ALL GET ALONG NOW!" Onceler yelps, glaring at the Lorax. "If we're going to be working together we need to get along." He adds, watching his cousins throw the bear in the background.

"I don't get along with you, why would i get along with your uncle!"

Onceler bends down and picks up the Lorax. He drags him by the mustache over to a nearby tree and throws him against it.

"Lorax, I swear to fucking GOD- if you cause problems I will NOT HESITATE to chop you up and feed you to the fish!" Onceler growls.

"You little bitch, fine....you win this time"

"Tch." Onceler walks back to his family.

His mother steps out of the RV, glaring at Brett and Chett. "BRETT! CHETT! WOULD YOU QUIT THROWING THAT BEAR?!" She squeals.

The twins throw Pipsqueak at the Lorax, then run over to the RV.

Pipsqueak lands on the lorax without a scratch and giggles. The lorax coughs and sits up, then rubs his head.

Onceler looks between his family awkwardly and watches as uncle Ubb walks out of the RV.

"So, Oncie, what can we do to help?" His mother asks in her squeaky voice.

"Er-well-I guess you guys can start harvesting the fluff-to preserve the trees you know-I'll make the Thneed once I have enough material."