Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Happy Ever After

Warning: Mature Content

Fengjiu was sitting down while Donghua was resting his head on her lap. She was gently massaging one of his hands as they enjoyed each other's company. Donghua was looking at Fengjiu's relaxed expression and felt his lips tug up to a smile. "Jiu'er..."

"Mm?" Donghua paused when she answered. "Jiu'er..." Fengjiu finally turned her gaze to her husband who was lying on her lap. "Yes, Donghua?" Suddenly, she heard his voice singing.

"If this world withers, I will stay by your side.

Resisting rumors and criticism with silence and determination.

If everything in this world is ruthlessly bursting into pieces,

I will mend it with the strings in my hands.

With you, I will watch sunrises and moonsets.

With you, I will watch ocean tides come and go.

With you, I will compose poetry of our memories together.

With you, l will rewrite the plot.

With you, I will travel the eight lands.

Only because you know and read me so well,

and you're destined to be the apple of my eye."

Fengjiu looked at Donghua with tears in her eyes. Donghua reached up to wipe her tears. "Why are you crying? Didn't you ask me to sing for you all those years ago? Was my voice that bad?" Fengjiu shook her head and cried some more. Donghua was now worried so he sat up and pulled her into his arms. "Jiu'er, what's wrong?" Fengjiu just shook her head and hugged Donghua tightly.

"Nothing... I just love you so much." Donghua smiled at her words before helplessly wiping her tears away. He pressed a kiss to her lips, "Jiu'er, I love you too. I love you forever."

They sat there hugging for a long time.

*****

Fengjiu was enthralled by Donghua's kisses as she wrapped her arms around his neck. As Donghua pushed against her lips, he ran a hand down her back as held her waist firmly. Donghua pulled back to look at Fengjiu's swollen lips and blushing cheeks.

He smirked at her wickedly before carrying her to the bathtub filled with warm water. Fengjiu was sitting on his legs as she faced him when they were finally submerged in the warm water. It was the night before they had to go back to the heavens to pick up Gungun. The past two weeks have been absolute bliss although she missed her son. She forgot how nice it was to spend time with Donghua as well. He had taken her many times throughout the two weeks, but it still felt like it wasn't enough.

A blush appeared on her cheeks as she alternated her gaze from his face to below. His gaze was graced a wicked smile, as his eyes silently urged her. She carefully traced her hand from his firm chest to below the water. She carefully took hold of him, obeying his unspoken command. She moved her hand watching his reaction. His hand caressed her neck as his breathing became rough. Donghua looked at his wife and thought she looked absolutely beautiful when her face was flushed.