Just Friends! (Macabenevolent_Day)

This oneshot was requested by Octitune (please don't harrass them).

A/N: Yes, I've already written a Macabenevolent fic. Think of this story as the events that lead to the one I've already written.

Content warnings: Mentions of death and dead animals (Nothing happens, The animal died of natural causes), Violence (Nights creature to someone - implied).

-------------------------

A few [YEARS] ago...

[Macabre - 12; Benevolent - 13]

-------------------------

Macabre didn't have friends growing up.

The other kids always thought of him as 'That weird kid'.

His 'weirdness' stemmed from his fascination with death among other morbid things.

Having an interest in something that deviates from what his peers were interested in was an easy way to become a target.

He wasn't a target in terms of being bullied, instead he was ostracised for his interests, leaving him isolated for a good chunk of his life.

It did hurt at first, but he learned two things that made him who he was.

One of those things was learning how to cope with his loneliness while the other was not caring about what others thought of him.

So what if the other kids were afraid of him because of his interests?

Macabre's loneliness would soon change when another kid came up to him.

---------------------------

Macabre was sitting down, looking at a dead animal.

He had been visiting this animal for a few days, trying to see what would happen if it was left alone for a while. The teachers had told him that once an animal was dead, it either decomposes or gets eaten by vultures. Thankfully, the latter didn't happen.

While he was gathering notes, someone sat down next to him and asked him a question. This person was none other than Benevolent.

Benevolent was one of the more 'popular' kids, as he pretty much fit in with all the other kids.

Out of all the kids that Benevolent could've bothered, why'd he choose to bother him?

"What are you [DOING], [IDENTITY] Macabre?"

"Nothing." Macabre answers curtly before returning to taking notes, hoping that Benevolent would get bored and go away.

---------------------------

Macabre was well into taking notes until Benevolent asks him another question.

"Why do you [ALWAYS] go here during [RECESS]? I always [SEE YOU] taking [NOTES] of the [DEAD ANIMAL]." Benevolent asks.

"Because of [NONE] of your [BUSINESS]." Macabre retorts, going back to his studying.

"Are you [STUDYING] to be a [THANATOLOGIST]?"

"What's it to you?"

"N-Nothing! I didn't [MEAN] it in a [RUDE] way; I just thought it was a [INTERESTING] topic to [STUDY]..."

Macabre stopped working on his notes for a second.

He thought that Benevolent came to make fun of him.